Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my rear tiller today on my 1025R ,slide the pto driveshaft on, it turns by hand but when I engaged the PTO switch it doesn't turn the tiller on. I can hear the PTO spinning inside the tractor but its not turning the PTO shaft? What could cause this. I was by myself so I couldn't get down to see it the middle PTO is turning going to have someone sit on seat while I look.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I installed my rear tiller today on my 1025R ,slide the pto driveshaft on, it turns by hand but when I engaged the PTO switch it doesn't turn the tiller on. I can hear the PTO spinning inside the tractor but its not turning the PTO shaft? What could cause this. I was by myself so I couldn't get down to see it the middle PTO is turning going to have someone sit on seat while I look.
have you confirmed the mid/rear pto selector switch next to the seat (left side) is in the proper position?
for rear pto operation, i believe that lever should be moved to the full forward position. there is a
diagram on the decal showing the pto positions

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have you confirmed the mid/rear pto selector switch next to the seat (left side) is in the proper position?
for rear pto operation, i believe that lever should be moved to the full forward position. there is a
diagram on the decal showing the pto positions
Hell no, forgot about that... duh... thanks I will check tomorrow let you know.. THANKS AGAIN..

·
Registered
140 Posts
What Dutch just said (maybe you heard the mid PTO spinning?)
AND: if it WAS the mid pto involved at all, engaging yellow PTO knob WHILE ALREADY OFF seat will shut her down.
°To check rear PTO, select it only as Dutch said, get off the seat, THEN engage yellow knob - PTO will run with you (carefully) watching from the ground as a stationary operational function (corn auger, wood saw, generator, add other stationary job here).
°Unseating after engaging ANY selected PTO station first will (should) always shut her down. Hope that helps!!
°See manual for PTO safetys checklist.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I think both the middle and forward positions of the PTO lever will have the rear PTO engaged. But in the middle position, both the mid and rear run.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Did you get it figured out?

If the PTO selector switch is in the right position, is there a chance that you have a shearbolt on the PTO coupler? My chipper has a small 1/4-20 bolt built right into where the U-Joints are on the shaft. So the PTO shaft will spin in the tractor (what you're hearing), but the entire shaft doesn't spin. Yeah, I had an "oh, crap" moment when that happened to me.

Let us know what it turned out to be.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I had a real "duh" moment the other day with my new tiller. I cut the pto shaft to fit. I got everything hooked up and started the tractor. Put the pto lever to rear and hit the pto button. I could hear something turning, but tiller wasn't moving. I went into panic mode thinking I had just ruined the pto shaft by cutting it too short. I had flashes of trying to explain to my wife I just ruined a part costing hundreds of dollars. Then I saw the shear bolt was missing off the tiller end of the pto shaft. I had taken it off a couple of days earlier to see what size it was. lol. I put it back and all was good. :yahoo:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts