Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone know what the part number is for a flexible rubber slip on cover for the 3520 rear PTO shaft. I have the large rigid cover M139089 but lost the smaller flexible rubber one as I was rushing to put things away as a storm was rolling in.
Tried the JD Parts CD but could not locate it. Thanks

Tony

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Tony,
I just checked JD parts also, and the result was the same. At this point I would think you are out of luck. I have a sneeky suspicion the item in question is a shipping protector. I didn't get either cover for mine, mid or rear. You may need to hunt something else down to replace it. Or, go to your dealer and inquire, chance are they may have bunch of those laying around they can just give you one. I am not going to get my covers, not convinced I need something else to fiddle with and loose or just throw in a drawer. Sorry, wasn't much help.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Randy,

Thanks for checking. Your probably correct about it being a shipping protector.
Was nice to have to keep crap off the rear PTO splines when not in use.
That's what I get for being a nice guy & helping the neighbor out as storms were fast approaching. Retraced my steps but no luck.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Tony,

You can still use your ridgid cover for that purpose. I hear you on the being a nice guy thing, sometimes it just doesn't pay.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Try P/N L12974. It might be what you want.

Regards,

Tom

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts

Regards,

Tom
Holy Smoke Tom, darn your good, now how in the world did you find that number?:unknown:

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
382 Posts

Regards,

Tom
I was about to go down to my tractor and see if there was a number on that cover, so I could submit it to this thread.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tom - Thanks! I'll give that P/N a shot. You guys are all great - thanks for everyones posts. Been away from the forum for a few days - trying to get caught up on mowing and using the rotary cutter. With all this rain the grass & weeds are growing like crazy.

Tony

·
Registered
79 Posts
Holy Smoke Tom, darn your good, now how in the world did you find that number?:unknown:

Thanks for the help.
Thanks, I wish this was the case but I also prefer this type of cover and found it by searching the listings for various models. I'm glad there are other guys that appreciate this kind of thing. My wife just thinks I'm nuts.:crazy:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Tom - Thanks! I'll give that P/N a shot. You guys are all great - thanks for everyones posts. Been away from the forum for a few days - trying to get caught up on mowing and using the rotary cutter. With all this rain the grass & weeds are growing like crazy.

Tony
No problem. This one is thick soft rubber with a projection around the inner diameter to fit in the PTO shaft groove to keep it from falling off.

Regards,

Tom

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
that was a fine bit of research, Tom.:good2:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Guess what I found last night on the far corner of the lot when mowing with the Exmark.

Correct - my rear PTO Shaft cover!

It been about two weeks or so since the storm when it went missing.

I am so happy! Thanks to everyone for all their input.

Tony

1 - 13 of 13 Posts