Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I follow the instructions for my 1025R when trying to get off tractor with the REAR ONLY PTO engaged. Transmission is in N and parking break is set. When getting off seat it shuts down. I did rig the RIO switch to allow running the PTO in reverse. Don't think that is the problem as it only effects the reverse pedal?? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Try getting up and then engaging the pto?

Reactions: Robnik and Tomfive

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
^ ^ ^ What he said. You can engage the rear PTO when you are off the seat, but if you get up off the seat with the rear PTO engaged, it will shut down. At least that's what happens with mine. Tractor "thinks" you fell off while it thinks you were driving.

Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Robnik

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Another thing you can do is jumper the seat switch.

Reactions: Robnik

·
Premium Member
2,147 Posts
I follow the instructions for my 1025R when trying to get off tractor with the REAR ONLY PTO engaged. Transmission is in N and parking break is set. When getting off seat it shuts down. I did rig the RIO switch to allow running the PTO in reverse. Don't think that is the problem as it only effects the reverse pedal?? Any suggestions?
Depending on how you bypassed the need for the RIO, the tractor ICC could be misinterpreting the bypass signal.
Whenever a sensor is bypassed, there is potential for that bypass to affect something else.

The reverse switch does two things: 1 - when the reverse pedal is not being pushed, the switch directs power to terminal G on the tractor ICC, 2 - when the reverse pedal is pushed, the switch removes power from terminal G and directs power to terminal F.

So, depending on how you have the reverse switch jumpered or bypassed, this may be telling the ICC that the tractor is moving in reverse when in fact it is not. So, because the ICC thinks the tractor is moving in reverse, when you get off the seat with the rear PTO engaged, the engine shuts off. Not sure if this is happening, just saying it may be!! :dunno:

Before jumping to too many conclusions, remove your RIO bypass and see if the rear PTO functionality works as it should. e.g. with parking brake set, trans in neutral, rear PTO engaged, you should be able to get off the seat. If it does, you found the problem. Then jumper your RIO another way, not on the reverse switch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts