Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, long time listener first time caller. I recently purchased my 1025r TLB with a grapple and a 60 inch deck. It is quite a step up from the cub cadet POS I had! Though JD does need to add a metric nut and bolt starter kit to their new tractors!!
I have been thinking about putting a hydraulic top link on the tractor. I have read numerous posts in here about adding the rear SCV and since I have the power beyond I cannot get a JD SCV for the rear.
If I do end up getting a new set up I will contact Fit Rite and see what they offer.
Here is option # 1 and the most simple. Run hoses or lines from the front of the tractor where the grapple hooks up and plug the top ink into that controller and use the button on the loader controller to operate the top link. Downside, if I am using the grapple I cannot use the hydraulic function of the top link, which I think would be fine because at that time I would only have a weight bar on the back. If the cylinder does bleed off I could strap or chain it in place somehow while it is disconnected.
Option two, tee into the HYD lines going to the grapple so the top link would be connected at all times. Install a HYD solenoid into the lines going to the top link so I could stop flow to the top link when the grapple is in play. Downside, I could realistically only operate the grapple when it is connected, or install another solenoid on the lines to the grapple to stop flow to it while using the top link. So two HYD solenoids, two switches to think and worry about.
Option 3, get with Fit rite and do it the right way.
Does anybody else here run back equipment from their grapple hook up? If so how is it working out for you?

·
Premium Member
7,030 Posts
KennyD of KBOGH's has a 3rd SCV switch that might work for you.

It is designed for the 3 series but might be adaptable to your 1 series.

Kenny will probably see this thread and respond.

:munch:

·
Registered
478 Posts
Jolly71: I also have a 1025r with backhoe....I've studied the hydraulics and decided if I want to use my grapple with the tractor...I would go with the diverter kit. Now having said that here is pic of my JD4400 and years ago I found a kit for dual outlet. As a matter of fact they made a kit for 2 dual outlets. They used a level on top of the fender. This works great and I run my lines from rear to the front...made some metal loops out of pins and welded to my loader. I split and bent the hand holds and I can lay the lines in there...works good...now back to your idea. If you have constant pressure with the power beyond I would say you can easily add an electric control block with switch. I can tell you from experience getting the flow and controls to fit your needs is tricky. I don't think JD makes anything for the tractor. I believe the artiallian is a great kit. Anyway....here's my pics if this will also help with some ideas....best Chuck

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Having the backhoe off you might be able to get an old school open center spool valve setup for this. Probably make a bracket to mount on the ROP.

·
Administrator
16,804 Posts
What are you using to operate the grapple now?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input machineryman!

Ken,
Right now I do have the factory installed diverter that runs the front grapple. The hoses connect close to the 4 loader hoses on the front left side. The button to activate the grapple is factory installed on the loader joy stick. So it would be easy to run hoses to the back and just use that knowing when the grapple is hooked up and in operation i could not adjust the top link.

·
Administrator
16,804 Posts

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
If you just want to use a hydraulic top link, all you really need are a set of hoses to go from the those two hydraulic ports by your feet, around to the back. You can route those hoses under the floor and under the seat rather easily. It would be semi-permanent if you route them nearly and securely, with enough slack to unplug them and set both ends aside when not in use. use some rope to find the the routing and length of hoses. I'm planning on doing just that over the winter with mine. I have the same 3rd SCV as you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all for the input. I think for now i will just route two hoses to the back. Next year I will look at adding a couple of valves for the back. Thanks!

·
Administrator
16,804 Posts
Sounds like a solid plan for now. All you need is 1/4" hoses, we can help with that when your ready.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts