Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sitting in the seat of my 2033r, there are two levers for the remotes. The lever furthest to the right, you can move it forward to run fluid one direction, or you can pull it back towards you and run fluid in the other direction. OR you can push it all the way forward into a notch (there is a symbol that looks like AC-alternating current). What does it do in this all the way forward position?

·
Administrator
17,084 Posts
I would assume it’s “float” just like on the joystick loader control.

·
Super Moderator
4,841 Posts
That position where it locks is called "float". It connects all lines to the hydro tank so the lines are unpressurized. That allows your attachment to "float" with the contours of the ground. The forces of gravity and resistance control what the implement does instead of hydraulics. You can think of it as "neutral for hydraulics".

·
Administrator
17,084 Posts
So does that also put the rockshaft in float mode? Like if I have a box on
No. Not related to the rockshaft at all, completely independent of that.

BUT: The rockshaft/3PH is always in "float", there is no down pressure other than gravity, you just have to have the handle all the way forwards for full range of travel.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Curious. What would you have plumbed into the rear remotes that you would need in float mode? And does it put both remotes in float?

·
Administrator
17,084 Posts
1) A plow blade; A rear finish mower that rides on it's own wheels; A hydraulic top link in some cases;

2) No. Only the one remote would float.

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
639 Posts
Curious. What would you have plumbed into the rear remotes that you would need in float mode? And does it put both remotes in float?
Hydraulic side link.

Snow removal implements.

Rear grading implements for smoothing purposes only.

Landscape rake.

Probably more, these are just the first that come to mind.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess I just don't understand. How does a landscape take hook up? Doesn't it just mount on the 3ph? A hydraulic rear blade in float would allow it to turn whichever way it wanted, is that right?

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
639 Posts
I guess I just don't understand. How does a landscape take hook up? Doesn't it just mount on the 3ph? A hydraulic rear blade in float would allow it to turn whichever way it wanted, is that right?
My landscape rake attaches like any 3pt implement attaches.

As far as a rear blade, no you do not put the angle or offset cylinders in float, but you could put the tilt cylinder in float and use the back side of the blade to smooth things out. The blade just follows the contour of the surface that you are going over and makes for a very smooth finish not leaving mounds of material here and there (if it were set ridged) if you are going over a not so smooth surface to start with.

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My landscape rake attaches like any 3pt implement attaches.

As far as a rear blade, no you do not put the angle or offset cylinders in float, but you could put the tilt cylinder in float and use the back side of the blade to smooth things out. The blade just follows the contour of the surface that you are going over and makes for a very smooth finish not leaving mounds of material here and there (if it were set ridged) if you are going over a not so smooth surface to start with.
Yeah that's what I thought with the landscape take. I was asking earlier about what you would need float for on the rear remote and someone mentioned landscape take. That confused me. I didn't think it even required hydraulics. So yeah. I get it. Thanks.

·
Registered
530 Posts
On the 2038r the outboard rear SCV's lever when pushed all the way forward and the black switch with a gearbox on it turned on gives you continuous flow. This would be used for running something like a wood splitter or a hydraulic tiller.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts