Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The photo's show something on the inside and outside of my rear tires only, oily to the touch? I didn't order any type of fluid for my tires, and have never noticed until today (owned 1 & 1/2 years), no pets in the barn! Tractor has been inside all week, wasn't there before today?

·
Super Moderator
5,291 Posts
Seems the obvious question is "Are your tires loaded with a liquid?". I'd guess you have loaded tires and they are leaking at the bead. Once you stop moving and park it, whatever is built up in the bead leaks down the sides of the tire.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Any drastic weather changes? Just a thought as condensation since it’s only on the bottom. You state there is no fluid in the tires so the only other explanation is aliens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Any drastic weather changes? Just a thought as condensation since it’s only on the bottom. You state there is no fluid in the tires so the only other explanation is aliens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sure does look like what it is. Humidity change causing condensation.

·
Super Moderator
5,291 Posts
Not to be to picky here but he said he didn't order any fluid for his tires. That doesn't mean they aren't loaded. My dealer loads all the tractors whether you order it or not.

·
Super Moderator
8,192 Posts
My loaded tractor tires "sweat" like that whenever there's a sudden warm-up. It's due to the temperature differential between the liquid in the tires and the ambient air. My tires usually sweat between the 2:00 and 10:00 o'clock positions which indicates the fill level. Yours seem to indicate that they're likely very low or nearly empty.

·
Premium Member
13,042 Posts
My loaded tractor tires "sweat" like that whenever there's a sudden warm-up. It's due to the temperature differential between the liquid in the tires and the ambient air. My tires usually sweat between the 2:00 and 10:00 o'clock positions which indicates the fill level. Yours seem to indicate that they're likely very low or nearly empty.
Same here. It sure looks like the OP's tires have a bit of liquid in them.

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
I wonder if there’s heat loss or a cold layer of air near the slab?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Looks to me like that is all the fluid that is left in the tire after they were drained and the valve stem was at the bottom of the rim when the tires were drained.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the comments, and replying! I would call the dealer, but I'm guessing it doesn't matter? I was thinking about the composition of my tires, because the wet portion was oily? Since I've only noticed it once during my ownership (bought new) the alien comment, seems most logical:alien:!!

Reactions: Jester_2320
1 - 10 of 10 Posts