Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a JD 3032e with a loader. When I attach anything onto the 3point hitch it rubs both rear tires. I am utilizing factory attachments that came with the tractor. Any ideas on how to resolve this. Thx in advance.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Do you have the turn buckles tight?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Do you have the turn buckles tight?
This post is the answer.^^^^
Loose turn buckles has to be the problem, that lets the implements swing to the low side and rub the low side tire. Then then when the other tire is on the low side, it gets rubbed. The fix is to tighten both turn buckles to center the implement and and lock them so they won't loosen up while you are working the tractor.

·
Premium Member
6,375 Posts
I had that issue with my 2032.
I swapped the rear wheels to result in a wider stance which solved it (as well as tightening the turn buckles)
Let's face it, Deere makes these tractors stupid narrow! Which is fine on level ground. I am far from a safety advocate, but these tractors are dangerously tippy for an inexperienced operator.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Looks like a good reason to buy wheel spacers

Reactions: Guja0501

·
Premium Member
6,375 Posts
Well, there is a point where width becomes a disadvantage in regards to mowing, snow removal etc.
So the happy medium is different for all of us.

·
Registered
9,175 Posts
If the turnbuckles are tight, the implements might be an issue. Sometimes a smaller category pin is installed on an implement so the pin fits but the pin spacing is too wide. Each category has a dimension not only for the pin size but also the spacing. If all else fails, take some measurements and confirm you have the right size implement.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
By "pin spacing", I think @Treefarmer is referring to the width of the implement and the width of the arms.
The 3032e has a Cat 1 3-pt which specs out as 28". A Cat 2 implement is 34" wide. By changing the actual pins, a Cat 2 will fit on/into a Cat 1 3-pt, but you immediately get 3" closer to each tire. Bob

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Another issue is whether the OP has straight or the "bent" lift arms. Maybe all the 3 series have straight ones, I don't know, but the 2 series machines are well known for this issue, even with the wheels set to the widest setting. There is a bent set of lift arms available than basically have a notch that clears the back tires. They are pretty pricy, though, for large chunks of steel bar with swivel eyes on each end.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.