Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,294 Posts
It serves the same purpose. Not nearly as pretty and once you fill that barrel with concrete you can't really adjust it if the need ever arises. Lots of people have done the barrel thing (or variations of it) over the years. It *does* work.

Reactions: Levi and rtgt

·
Administrator
20,983 Posts
IMHO, I think that'll work great. For $125, it can't be beat. :thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
18,542 Posts
Probably not iMatch/QH compatibly either.

Honestly though (and I hope I don't offend anyone but it is my opinion) it looks to "redneck" to me to be hanging off of a beautiful new John Deere :hide:

Reactions: Marlin and danmorea

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Honestly though (and I hope I don't offend anyone but it is my opinion) it looks to "redneck" to me to be hanging off of a beautiful new John Deere :hide:
I'm going to find out if its quick hitch ready...redneck, maybe..but nothing green paint cant spruce up...:laugh:

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Yep. Saw that one, but I already have a JD ballast box with extensions. That one will work just fine, but yes, you will need some JD green paint.:bigthumb:

Dave

Reactions: Levi and rtgt

·
Registered
378 Posts
You guys are making me nervous with all this ballast talk. I'm expecting my 3039R any day now and it will get used every week for mowing a rather hilly place. The dealer is filling the rear tires but how well do these things stick to the ground anyway?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts

I thought you had to own a John Deere in order to qualify as a Red Neck...that's what all my city friends tell me...:lol::lol::lol:

Definitely a budget way to do ballast. If you are welding up the mounts to make it 3 pt compatible, I am sure it isn't too much more of stretch to make I-match compatible.

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Something that heavy could be too much ballast depending on your front attachments. Seem to remember a recent post about doing wheelies with a tractor. Sounds like a good way to roll one one over.

Reactions: Marlin

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Something that heavy could be too much ballast depending on your front attachments. Seem to remember a recent post about doing wheelies with a tractor. Sounds like a good way to roll one one over.
Yes, agreed a lot of weight, but my only use for it would be when i'm using loader. Not for any mowing for sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts