Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is every one using for a rear-view mirror on their Gators?

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,189 Posts
Gator? You're still hiding the money tree so I can't afford one. Might be able to afford the mirrors though. :laugh: I might be able to borrow a buggy.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
I just turn my head.:unknown::laugh:

I bought a JD Mirror that looked like it would mount to the ROPS. It didn't, so I've gone without.

·
Registered
11,649 Posts

·
Registered
11,649 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You are telling me that for the price of those Gators that they don't come with mirrors?

Well anyway, found this:
nope-neither does 4-wheelers--i don't know why mirrors for machines have to cost so much-jeepers:laugh: i guess i should clarify myself on what type of 4-wheeler's(the kind ole-farts like me ride)
Nope they don't come with mirrors, at least ours didn't.
I'm looking for a rear view mirror similar to this ↓↓↓ and as BigJim said, boy they ain't cheap.

index.jpg

I guess the big issue with the cheaper mirrors is they don't hold up with all the vibration and bumps. There are a lot of them on the market but I only want to buy one that lasts.

·
Registered
21,145 Posts
Nope they don't come with mirrors, at least ours didn't.
I'm looking for a rear view mirror similar to this ↓↓↓ and as BigJim said, boy they ain't cheap.

View attachment 178242

I guess the big issue with the cheaper mirrors is they don't hold up with all the vibration and bumps. There are a lot of them on the market but I only want to buy one that lasts.
Looks like your idea is what you said in the first place - a rear view mirror instead of a side view mirror which I linked to. I can see the side view mirror getting knocked off easily. Hopefully you can find a simple rear view mirror that you can mount in the cab up around the roof.

Yeah - I am ever so careful with my truck mirrors (tow mirrors) - they list for $1100 each but can get them at a discount for ~$750.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,189 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,941 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Hello, Keith. You'll find the JD OPS rear view mirror in this GATOR ATTACHMENTS brochure from 2012/2015 on page 7. It's not so cheap, but it's green & yellow...

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hello, Keith. You'll find the JD OPS rear view mirror in this GATOR ATTACHMENTS brochure from 2012/2015 on page 7. It's not so cheap, but it's green & yellow...
Thanks. I read that they don't hold up:dunno:. Are you using JD mirrors?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Jet airplanes don't have rearview mirrors.

Why do you want to see where you have already been?

Sorry brother, these are just comments I have been told by former fire chief in our town and someone I always looked up too. Your question made me smile and remember my good friend Jim. He and his wife retired and moved far away. When I was in high school, I would get up around 5-6 am and go to his house every Saturday morning. We would drink coffee and do things out in his barn. I went there to work and get dirty and in exchange I would eat the best home cooked breakfast ever and learn a lot about life.

Sorry to take this thread in a different direction but dang did it make my morning.

isaac

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Why do you want to see where you have already been?
Actually a good question. We spend a fair amount of time driving up and down a main road between our three properties. It's not very far at all between the three but cars have been sneaking up behind me for years.

Upper entrance looking down.

20150906 (1).jpg

Middle entrance (House driveway) looking down the road.
The third entrance (most of the way down the road) is the barn area.
20150906 (2).jpg

1 - 20 of 26 Posts