Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afer reading about ounting rear view mirrors in the ttop hole in the loader vertical arm, I ordered one and mounted it. The reflection from the side flood at night just does not get it. I have seen the mirrors mounted on extensions. i would appreciate it if I got some input on extending the mirror up or out or both, before giving it a try and geting the same results. Thanx

·
Premium Member
12,924 Posts
No real fix to it, you have lights directly behind the mirror. I have mine on a piece of flat steel so that it sticks out and up, but only by a few inches, it seems to help. I just got used to it, do not use the mirrors when working in the dark, which is normally only plowing anyways.

·
Premium Member
11,426 Posts
The problem you are having is common with many mirror installations. Mine reflects the ROPS work lights unless I adjust the mirrors to see less of the tractor. I'm mostly interested in road traffic approaching from behind so readjusting them accordingly hasn't affected their usefulness.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just put a pair on my 1025... I found these old new stock mounting brackets I had burried in my shop works perfect!! no reflection from the spot lights...
JD-2.jpg
JD-3.jpg

·
Registered
39 Posts
Right now, I'm using little round wide-angle mirrors on the loader frame, but that's not very useful. A better solution would be to mount large, flat mirrors high on the ROPS and have them hang down to eye level. That way, you can use them to mow backward or position the 3PT more accurately when attaching implements. I think there might be some truck mirrors that would do the trick, but haven't thought about how to attach them to the ROPS without drilling (don't want to weaken the ROPS).

·
Premium Member
11,426 Posts
Right now, I'm using little round wide-angle mirrors on the loader frame, but that's not very useful. A better solution would be to mount large, flat mirrors high on the ROPS and have them hang down to eye level. That way, you can use them to mow backward or position the 3PT more accurately when attaching implements. I think there might be some truck mirrors that would do the trick, but haven't thought about how to attach them to the ROPS without drilling (don't want to weaken the ROPS).
Sounds like a decent idea. The main issue with such a mounting system would be suppressing the vibration from the engine. Even short sturdy mounts suffer from vibration.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts