Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My uncle game me five 80 lbs weights from an old New Idea Uni-System, and a local business had a 175 lbs chunk of steel in their scrap, so I needed a way to mount them on my 3520. I used 2 1/2" square box (1/4" wall) to build the frame, and turned down some 2" steel rod to make the pins. I welded the large chuck of steel to the frame, but have the 80 lbs weights bolted on (they rest on an arm that is welded to the upright frame member). I gave it a shot of paint and it should serve me well for many years. With the frame, I think it weighs about 625 lbs. I plan to make a 8" tall, heavy duty cart to set them down on in my barn.

weights01.JPG

Jack
Fort Loramie, Ohio

·
Premium Member
13,659 Posts
My uncle game me five 80 lbs weights from an old New Idea Uni-System, and a local business had a 175 lbs chunk of steel in their scrap, so I needed a way to mount them on my 3520. I used 2 1/2" square box (1/4" wall) to build the frame, and turned down some 2" steel rod to make the pins. I welded the large chuck of steel to the frame, but have the 80 lbs weights bolted on (they rest on an arm that is welded to the upright frame member). I gave it a shot of paint and it should serve me well for many years. With the frame, I think it weighs about 625 lbs. I plan to make a 8" tall, heavy duty cart to set them down on in my barn.

View attachment 464442

Jack
Fort Loramie, Ohio
That's impressive for sure :good2:

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
Very Nice :good2::good2:

·
Administrator
18,305 Posts
Very nice!

+1 for utilizing the iMatch.
+2 to anyone who uses ballast on these small tractors.
+3 for repurposing old American iron!

:good2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts