Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any offset in the rear wheel? Can I reverse wheels to gain additional width?

I have wheel weights installed at the dealer and can't see the wheel. Looking for some additional stability on hillsides.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Administrator
20,849 Posts
No. Unfortunately the rear wheels are set already to the wide position from the factory.

You can add liquid or steel weights for ballast. Lastly you can add wheel spacers for additional stability.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Fred, how many wheel weights do you have on each wheel?

I first installed the 72lb starter weights and they made a significant difference, next I put on a set of the 50lb weights and saw another significant difference. I just ordered the second set of 50lb weights and am anxious to see how much difference they make.

I was pleasantly surprised at how much difference each weight set made. Not sure if this last set will make as much difference as the first two sets will but expect to feel some difference.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fred, how many wheel weights do you have on each wheel?

I first installed the 72lb starter weights and they made a significant difference, next I put on a set of the 50lb weights and saw another significant difference. I just ordered the second set of 50lb weights and am anxious to see how much difference they make.

I was pleasantly surprised at how much difference each weight set made. Not sure if this last set will make as much difference as the first two sets will but expect to feel some difference.
I have the 50# weights at each wheel, I believe. Have to check. Can these be doubled up on one wheel? I'll mow in only one direction around the hills.

Reactions: BigJim55 and Marlin

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Yes, Fred they can be doubled up on one wheel.

I highly recommend the 72lb starter weights. While they are not cheap they are nice and heavy. They fit in the wheel cavity and the 50lb weights can bolt to the starter weights.

Per the owners manual you can have the starter weight and two of the wheel weights for a total of 172 lbs per wheel.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
You can turn your wheel around by just swapping them from each side. This way your tire run in the same direction.
When I had my 1025R I swap the wheels around. filled the tires with rim guard. That made a big difference riding on my hills I have to mow.
I then had a 2" spacer made and help even more.
I did have a 60" mid mower deck. I had to take off the two rear scalping wheel to fit. I had no problem mowing with out them.
I still have the 2" spacer for sale cheap. if want them just PM me

·
Premium Member
14,876 Posts
I've had wheel spacers and only 50 # weights on my first 2210 to the present 1025r. And NO for those thinking the wheel spacers from a 2210 or 2305 will fit the 1Series , they will NOT. Wheel spacers do help along with the wheel weights.

Reactions: BigJim55 and rtgt

·
Premium Member
5,086 Posts
I added the 72lbs starter and then two 50's to each side to my 1026R :greentractorride:. The added traction has been great.
Weights-5.JPG

I'm just about to make it a ''wide-track" :greentractorride: by adding spacers front and rear. I've been communicating with The Tracks Company. They make 4", 5" and 6" spacers for the rear of my 1026R. I have up to 15% + multi-directional grade on most of my property. I'm thinking a 5" pair, front and rear, widening my track by 10". I do not have a MMM.

Any thoughts??

·
Premium Member
5,086 Posts
5" seems like a lot....for wheel spacers

One has to remember the extra leverage to the axle caused by extending the wheel out.
Appreciate your reply as I have no experience or knowledge of spacer usage. . . . So maybe 4" front and rear??

·
Premium Member
5,086 Posts
Honestly, not sure where the limit would be for our axle, not sure what it can or can't handle. Just something to be aware of
I've been communicating with Christian Hansen there, one of the inventors, so I'll pose the question to him. Others here may be able to provide additional input experience and/or knowledge.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts