Green Tractor Talk banner

Which rear wheel weights do you use on your 1023E/1025R/1026R tractors?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone -

I'm curious how many of you regularly use rear wheel weights on your 1023E/1025R/1026R tractors. I thought it would be fun to start a simple poll to see how many people use different types of rear wheel weights.

So, GTT, what rear wheel weights do you use, if any? If you use a brand other than Deere or different Deere wheel weights, please share!

Let's keep this poll just for rear wheel weights and not for loaded tires!

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,829 Posts
72's on fluid filled rears.

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
72* starters with 50* added on.

·
Registered
2020 1025R
170 Posts
Filled the rears with Rimguard. Approximately 110lbs of weight per tire. I haven't decided if I'll add weights to that.

Best,

·
Registered
817 Posts

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
72 lb starters and 50 lb add-ons in cast iron, non-filled rears. I found the wheel weights used for a great price.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
72 pounders on lil chungus. May add a 50 on each side someday

Reactions: Mackford13 and TPS

·
Premium Member
12,239 Posts
Nothing / nada / going weightless by design.

Reactions: ulhpilot and TPS

·
Registered
26 Posts
Got plastic 50# was going to get 72# but could not justify price difference, for 40# more. Will bolt on old brake rotors if I need more weight.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,829 Posts
Reactions: TPS

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
JD 50lb plastic weights

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,829 Posts
I was told 11.9 gallons by one dealer before. I laughed and said no way that’s possible. Like Mark said I think it’s closer to 8 per the chart. 🤷🏻‍♂️
My tires are filled with BallastStar and they put 8.3 gallons per tire according to the service ticket/receipt.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Filled the rears with Rimguard. Approximately 110lbs of weight per tire. I haven't decided if I'll add weights to that.

Best,
Sounds good. You fit into the “Not Using Wheel Weights” category then. The “Other Brand/Type of Wheel Weights” category is for people who might have third party weights not manufactured by Deere.

I’m curious how you’ll like the Rim Guard as you use the tractor and if you think it’s enough without the need for weights. I’ve been considering liquid ballast for when my tractor is delivered.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts