Green Tractor Talk banner

Which rear wheel weights do you use on your 1023E/1025R/1026R tractors?

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2020 1025R
170 Posts
Sounds good. You fit into the “Not Using Wheel Weights” category then. The “Other Brand/Type of Wheel Weights” category is for people who might have third party weights not manufactured by Deere.

I’m curious how you’ll like the Rim Guard as you use the tractor and if you think it’s enough without the need for weights. I’ve been considering liquid ballast for when my tractor is delivered.
I also have a heavy hitch that can carry up to 16 suitcase weights. I have 8 x 42lbs already and will likely get a few more. So I have weights, not not bolted to the wheels.

Best,

·
Registered
28 Posts
I also checked their website to see pricing. Do not email them Though.
I am currently in the ”no additional weight” category. But I may add spacers and bolt on weights in the future.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I also checked their website to see pricing. Do not email them Though.
I am currently in the ”no additional weight” category. But I may add spacers and bolt on weights in the future.
yeah i’m definitely adding spacers myself. i’ve heard too many good things to not do it. plus with no issues with the 60D deck, no brainer for me.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
I also have a heavy hitch that can carry up to 16 suitcase weights. I have 8 x 42lbs already and will likely get a few more. So I have weights, not not bolted to the wheels.

Best,
The poll is specifically for wheel weights only! Either way, thanks for participating!

The other category is for people who purchased wheel weights from places like Taylor Foundry.

I ordered a Heavy Hitch a couple weeks ago. They must be pretty backed up as it hasn’t shipped yet.

·
Registered
867 Posts
No wheel weights or tire ballast. Ballast box only when using fel. Except for a mound system berm, my place is mostly flat and level.

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Never had a need for Wheel weights.

Reactions: TPS

·
Registered
2021 1025R Loader Mid-mount Mower 54D 260B Back hoe
60 Posts
Did not have weights on my old 2014 1025R, but I got them on my new 2021 1025R....

WOW what a difference in the stability feeling on the hills of my property.

And when digging piles of dirt with the front end loader, the extra weight along with my ballast box makes it act like a mule....
no wheel spin... Big heaping bucket loads...

·
Registered
98 Posts
I was told 11.9 gallons by one dealer before. I laughed and said no way that’s possible. Like Mark said I think it’s closer to 8 per the chart. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I put 11.5 gallons in mine.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,829 Posts
The chart is based on 75% fill. There needs to be a cushion of air or there will be problems keeping the tire seated on the rims. 11.5 gallons in a 26-12x12 tire would be close to 100% fluid.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The chart is based on 75% fill. There needs to be a cushion of air or there will be problems keeping the tire seated on the rims. 11.5 gallons in a 26-12x12 tire would be close to 100% fluid.
If that were the case fluid would be flowing out of the stem at tdc and that isn’t the case.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts