Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup. I made some brush forks outta rebar. Used some mild steel 9 bar and a couple plates I scrounged from the iron workers onsite. Took a couple tries to get it right and still working on welding thick steel with a pile of crap welder but it’s cheaper and I like doing stuff like that. Only used it a couple hrs so far and will put it to the test tomorrow when I build my giant bonfire for the fourth

Rebar monster

So far so good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
great idea and job

Yup. I made some brush forks outta rebar. Used some mild steel 9 bar and a couple plates I scrounged from the iron workers onsite. Took a couple tries to get it right and still working on welding thick steel with a pile of crap welder but it’s cheaper and I like doing stuff like that. Only used it a couple hrs so far and will put it to the test tomorrow when I build my giant bonfire for the fourth

Rebar monster

So far so good

GREAT idea and yes how do you attach to the bucket I NEED THEM LIKE LAST WEEK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!::bigthumb:

thank you for posting

GREAT IDEA AND JOB and how did you attach ?
thanks for posting

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2x2 bolted to back interior of bucket holding it down
Tabs welded to the bottom piece of bar to hold it to the cutting edge

This is what it used to look like and it failed so I flipped it and choked up on the tines

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bet you are glad to have the rebar ballast box you reported earlier
Yea that ballast box is still a work in progress, but I got ADD, ADHD, OCD, HDMI...whatever it’s called but it’s got the weight I need and before long, I’ll get a couple more rungs on it and paint it up. It’s butt ugly but serves its purpose. Being a new homeowner I got stuff going on all over the place and not enough money to throw around, but priority one this summer is clean up all the wood around the place from the messy clearing job the previous owners did. I even had to take a trip across country to go to a wedding I wasn’t planning last month. so hopefully this setup I spent a couple weekends and some afternoons slapping it all together will hold up. In hindsight, I would have gotten a ballast box, some weights, and a grapple thrown into the deal when I got my tractor, but I wasn’t as educated in tractors as I am now. Heck, some Pallet forks would work wonders, but I just don’t have that kind of cash to throw around right now so, a cheap welder, and free material brought home from work will have to do for now.

I built this workbench setup all out of mostly dumpster diving for wood at work

6D5ACC9D-0160-4ABC-8400-B075000FA217.jpeg 5DA08BE9-044E-4DC7-B3D9-69286E56D51F.jpeg 9C1B6C5D-EBAF-4F03-82F5-B06EEA3F64C6.jpeg

·
Administrator
17,327 Posts
...still working on welding thick steel with a pile of crap welder...
I thought I saw a big Miller 212 or 252 in one of your threads?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought I saw a big Miller 212 or 252 in one of your threads?
That ones at our shop 60 miles away. I live in the boonies and like doing this stuff on my own time. I’ve contemplated several times making that trek on the weekends but I’m stubborn like that. I don’t get out to the shop much because I work in the field on job sites. When I’m done with work, I head for the hills and don’t come out till Monday morning. That welder is the bees knees

·
Registered
53 Posts
Very impressed, great design. Guess I'll have to start hunting the scrap yards after the snow melts. (y)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Yea that ballast box is still a work in progress, but I got ADD, ADHD, OCD, HDMI...whatever it’s called but it’s got the weight I need and before long, I’ll get a couple more rungs on it and paint it up. It’s butt ugly but serves its purpose. Being a new homeowner I got stuff going on all over the place and not enough money to throw around, but priority one this summer is clean up all the wood around the place from the messy clearing job the previous owners did. I even had to take a trip across country to go to a wedding I wasn’t planning last month. so hopefully this setup I spent a couple weekends and some afternoons slapping it all together will hold up. In hindsight, I would have gotten a ballast box, some weights, and a grapple thrown into the deal when I got my tractor, but I wasn’t as educated in tractors as I am now. Heck, some Pallet forks would work wonders, but I just don’t have that kind of cash to throw around right now so, a cheap welder, and free material brought home from work will have to do for now.

I built this workbench setup all out of mostly dumpster diving for wood at work

View attachment 693350 View attachment 693352 View attachment 693354
I used to do that to. Its a shame what gets thrown away on a commercial work site. Wish I could dumpster dive now that I have this place. I would have a awesome shop and a great place for Betsy. Plus cool things I could have made with thrown away steel. Owell

1 - 12 of 12 Posts