Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 10 year old trailer is due for a complete rebuild...
Faded Paint

You can see the rotted wood in the background

Rotted Floor

Burned electrics on Winch

So the project is
1st...repaint
2nd .. Re-floor
3rd.... Repack / replace bearings
4th...rewire electrics
5th... rewire winch or replace entire winch

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
If you can find white oak it makes a great flooring for these. The cell structure of the wood resits soaking up water.

Then slop on some of the cheapest water proofer you have (used motor oil) and you’ll be good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
184 Posts
I just did the same thing to mine this past summer along with new tires. It’s like a brand new trailer including a fresh coat of paint! That water proofer works great too!

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,196 Posts
Good luck with that just don't do like I did while redoing my trailer. This happened while moving the old floor boards...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Good luck with that just don't do like I did while redoing my trailer. This happened while moving the old floor boards...
That's no good Levi. Glad your ok. Did the tractor survive?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh my Levi...Holy cow...Did it tumble all the way down>>> with u on it???

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you can find white oak it makes a great flooring for these. The cell structure of the wood resits soaking up water.

Then slop on some of the cheapest water proofer you have (used motor oil) and you’ll be good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
exactly how I want mine to look.

·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts
Looks like a TWF trailer. I have one something like it although mine is only 14'.

They aren't the best trailers but I have mine so I recently rebuilt mine also. Mine needed some cross member replacements due to being bent, gate needed rebuilt due to overloading it, paint and rewired.

Here is the link from when I did my rebuild.
Utility Trailer Rebuild

Good luck, it is allot of work!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
update

yes...that's JD moving trailer with forks....

More coming later....
and the 67 Mustang is part of the reason this trailer is getting a rebuild. :kidw_truck_smiley:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Putting the Wood down...Fixed the wiring. Installing tool box on the tongue.. So this thing should look brand new real soon

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Done..And Earning $$$

Been a while since my last update on trailer....
Quit my job in mid July due to onset diabetes and passing out on highway on the way to my store a hour away...Neat thing was that Freightliners look even bigger as you wake up 3 inches from the midline of their tires....

anyway, so finished her up,

picked up my Z as her maiden rebirth voyage

Shes working hard

And taking glory shots

Still going to seal the boards touch up paint and redo the bearings in the offseason and have her ready for Spring

1 - 15 of 15 Posts