Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
4044R w/Cab Silverado 2500HD DuraMax LBZ crew cab, ‘20 MB - S class 580 and a 1971 Corvette 4 spd.
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They were already paid in full for over $30,000 in implements and attachments ordered on 7/20 when they told me some stuff was ordered in early June. Monday I asked for the owner of the 6 store dealer chain to call me back, instead they figured out why I was calling and had the sales manager at my location to write me an email.

The dealer states they escalated the orders and they have an expected date for the grapple of 12/27/22.
The 485A backhoe expected in late February’23
The MX6 rotary mower late March ‘23
The Tiller, late March ‘23
And the hydraulics - 3rd, 4th and 5th “Hopefully by April at the latest”
The several other attachments cannot be expedited in the ordered sequence but don’t expect any until early spring 2023.

I requested perhaps using JD hydraulics from Summit. They say they can’t install any aftermarket hardware as it will void the warranty. Last month I asked if the parts manager could get on the JD system and look for another dealer willing to sell what they have. They just now tell me they are thinking of calling around to see if any JD dealer has any kits available. (a little late now wouldn’t you think?)

I asked this dealer to follow up with a call I made to AgPro John Deere, they have 3 kits for the 3rd function and are willing to part with one. My dealer asked how I knew to call other dealers? My response - by not? They’re are telling me not to “listen” to an of those so called John Deere forums, “they don’t have any clue what’s going on in the real world”
Funny, I never said any mention of the internet other than there was a seat cover for the 4R and I got the p/n from GreenTalk.com.

I’m not complaining, just following up from my earlier post. My plans for doing several things have to include rentals now, the very thing I thought to avoid.

·
Super Moderator
10,762 Posts
FYI, my dealer had about a half dozen 485A backhoes in stock when I visited a couple of weeks ago. They also had a pile of various loaders and implements as well as a good supply of rolling stock.

It appears the availability issues and backlogs are beginning to be resolved. Hopefully for you as well.

My dealer? James R. Rosencrantz & Sons. Kensington, NH. Contact info

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I assume none of these delays were mentioned or at least not in detail when you signed the contract.

In my opinion that would void the WHOLE contract. I would ask them to take back and refund the whole kit and caboodle.

At the very least I would insist on a total refund for all the implements not received so I could go shopping for alternatives.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
FYI, my dealer had about a half dozen 485A backhoes in stock when I visited a couple of weeks ago. They also had a pile of various loaders and implements as well as a good supply of rolling stock.

It appears the availability and backlogs are beginning to be resolved. Hopefully for you as well.

Are you sure those are all for sale or waiting on tractors to show up?
Increasing prices every few months by double digit percentages should be helping to slow demand too.

·
Registered
52 Posts
“they don’t have any clue what’s going on in the real world”

Funny how he doesn't consider that "internet thing" to be the real world.

Reactions: theduke

·
Registered
1 Posts
This sounds almost identical to what we're going through. We bought a 3033r from a dealer with 20+ locations back in June. We went with that one because it was close to what we wanted and was sitting on a lot at another location. The only things we really needed were the grapple and hydraulics. They were supposed to be delivered last week. The salesperson called and told us that JD doesn't have a date yet for delivery. He gave me some line about everyone having issues because of supply chain issues and waiting for parts from overseas. I asked him about 3rd party grapples and he said they won't sell them. I asked if we're talking weeks or months and he didn't have an answer for that either. We bought the tractor to manage 20 acres of trees and trails. The salesman knew that before we ordered. If I'd known this was going to be an issue I'd have just ordered an after market grapple and been a happy customer. Instead my boss is ready to drop the tractor back on their lot and go buy an orange tractor with a 3rd party grapple. Right now our $40,000+ tractor sits in the driveway.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
This sounds almost identical to what we're going through. We bought a 3033r from a dealer with 20+ locations back in June. We went with that one because it was close to what we wanted and was sitting on a lot at another location. The only things we really needed were the grapple and hydraulics. They were supposed to be delivered last week. The salesperson called and told us that JD doesn't have a date yet for delivery. He gave me some line about everyone having issues because of supply chain issues and waiting for parts from overseas. I asked him about 3rd party grapples and he said they won't sell them. I asked if we're talking weeks or months and he didn't have an answer for that either. We bought the tractor to manage 20 acres of trees and trails. The salesman knew that before we ordered. If I'd known this was going to be an issue I'd have just ordered an after market grapple and been a happy customer. Instead my boss is ready to drop the tractor back on their lot and go buy an orange tractor with a 3rd party grapple. Right now our $40,000+ tractor sits in the driveway.
Why not buy a third party grapple that’s in stock and use it until the Deere one comes in? At that time sell the Deere one or the old one. Problem solved.

·
Super Moderator
10,762 Posts
Are you sure those are all for sale or waiting on tractors to show up?
Increasing prices every few months by double digit percentages should be helping to slow demand too.
Not sure whether they're spoken for or not. For sure they're money in the bank with prices going up as they have.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Premium Member
Tator
17,471 Posts
Not sure whether they're spoken for or not. For sure they're money in the bank with prices going up as they have.
In the last 4 or 5 weeks my dealer has built a very nice inventory of pretty much everything they sell. Tractors, implements, attachments and mowers. The only thing still very sparse is Gators.

·
Premium Member
10,378 Posts
In the last 4 or 5 weeks my dealer has built a very nice inventory of pretty much everything they sell. Tractors, implements, attachments and mowers. The only thing still very sparse is Gators.
Mine too. Been going on a couple months now

Tire Wheel Sky Plant Motor vehicle
This is just half the yard.

·
Premium Member
10,378 Posts
Yea hold up! We gotta iron out some new salaries in the IRS. Should have a grand total for ya by Dec

·
Premium Member
4044R w/Cab Silverado 2500HD DuraMax LBZ crew cab, ‘20 MB - S class 580 and a 1971 Corvette 4 spd.
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

It appears the availability issues and backlogs are beginning to be resolved. Hopefully for you as well.

Thank you.
I have spent hours on the phone and sending emails to JD dealers starting close to this dealer and working outwards. I’m finding plenty of most items on the “We owe you list” and here is my dealer’s answer: “We will lose money paying for shipping and handling coming from other dealers. The price would be higher than what we agreed to you in your contract, so we can’t deal with anyone but the factory”

Why would this industry be any different than the automotive, motorcycle, boating and RV business? I’ve had almost identical problems with all 4 items above plus construction and building materials and not one ever treated me like some reprobate.

Reactions: Dsg61

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I assume none of these delays were mentioned or at least not in detail when you signed the contract.

In my opinion that would void the WHOLE contract. I would ask them to take back and refund the whole kit and caboodle.

At the very least I would insist on a total refund for all the implements not received so I could go shopping for alternatives.
At first - Early April, I ordered with a sizable deposit a 3R w/cab. The reason: I came from a Kioti dealer that was trying to get me going with their CK10 w/cab model that could have a mid mount mower and optional front PTO and engine power at 35 hp.
When I came to this forum asking questions Everyone said go with a Deere, they’re better. I went to the JD dealer near me and they said the equivalent to that Kioti is a 3033R with cab.
They (the dealer) told me (as you can see from my posts back in April) they submitted the order making it a real sale thereby getting a proposed date of delivery from the GA plant of mid July (this year!). Furthermore, this dealer said there was no constraints on either the loader or the backhoe. The sales manager said the way tractors have been coming in ahead of schedule it’s quite possible I could see this tractor in June sometime.

As time went on I was learning more and more about what I wanted to do and it was clear that a 4R would have been a better choice. If I was told trading up - no problem, Just have to start from day one with a new order. The dealer says the good news is the stuff ordered for the 3R will work for a 4R so no waiting there.

By the 3rd week in June I was informed there was a “Freeze” on my build order so I asked if they had a 4R with cab at any of their other locations, They had one at their store just 20 miles south, But it just has a loader.
At this point the dealer tells me they don’t have a backhoe for it, they spec only bare bones tractors so one has to be ordered. Same deal with the Hydraulics but in this case it’s a supply shortage and it may take weeks maybe longer. We can deliver the tractor to you and pick it up for installing parts as they come in. Not a word was ever spoken about all the implements and attachments from Frontier taking 6 months or longer to come in. The dealer can only sell equipment from Frontier, Woods or Lane Shark for the tractors so they sell me on Frontier items.

Now the dealer won’t cancel the order or credit me the cost of this equipment. Even though they haven’t incurred any cost and nothing was built yet. I have a contractor coming in late winter to erect a storage building - late Summer if they have to build the foundation for it. It was my plans from the beginning that I was doing the footings, the slab and finish grading by first hard frost Using my JD equipment.

If I have to rent an excavator, post hole digger and brush hog it’s going to be costly and I really need a grapple or expense the labor moving/collecting debri. Nobody around here rents box blades, land planes or 3 point tillers and that’s another story. I was so sure that I would have the attachments that I cancelled this ’22/‘23 winter season’s snow removal for our place. The guy was happy to be released as he has better, closer jobs to get to.

And what burns me up the most - the dealer states in their email: “you should have known with the world being as it is that supplier shortages would be here too and you couldn’t possibly expect any less. It would come as no surprise now if you had just thought to ask at the start about supplier shortages prior to your purchases.”

My crystal ball was broken that week. By personal experience I only ever had to deal with higher prices until this John Deere fiasco.

Reactions: Ricky123

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Why not buy a third party grapple that’s in stock and use it until the Deere one comes in? At that time sell the Deere one or the old one. Problem solved.
That’s a lot of money for most people to put out and a gamble for not losing money. And as one person raised the point - if financed through JDF it’s a breach of contract to sell any implements, god forbid you make any money off of using anything you financed privately as that voids any zero or low percentage interest rate loans though JD and the warranty period is drastically cut on commercially used equipment.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
That’s a lot of money for most people to put out and a gamble for not losing money. And as one person raised the point - if financed through JDF it’s a breach of contract to sell any implements, god forbid you make any money off of using anything you financed privately as that voids any zero or low percentage interest rate loans though JD and the warranty period is drastically cut on commercially used equipment.
Ok then sell the aftermarket once the JD one comes in. You’d probably lose less than a rental would cost and you’d get some work done.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok then sell the aftermarket once the JD one comes in. You’d probably lose less than a rental would cost and you’d get some work done.
I agree with that.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts