Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received my 835M today from Sloan Equipment in Effingham Illinois. Phil and Jeff from the dealer brought it to me. The dealership was great to work with. Would highly recommend if you need JD equipment.

Hated to see my 2014 Kubota X900 go, but wanted to try something different.

I would not say anything bad about the Kubota, is served me well. The Gator is just a different kind of UTV.

Some impressions

Kubota slow, Gator fast (54 hp in Gator would be the difference. Gator Gas, Kubota diesel)

Refinements in the Gator is first class, heat, AC, and defrosters. Took a little spin in it today on a rainy afternoon, it was nice. The tires on the Gator are kind of loud, but still quieter than Kubota.

Biggest thing for me to get use to in the drivetrain. In the kubota, you could stop get out and walk around while not taking it out of gear, the kubota wouldn't move. On the Gator you need to put it in neutral and put on the parking brake if you get out. Do any UTV's have "park".

One last thing, in the picture you can see the boss looking for his seat!!!!!!

Well this if my first day with the new vehicle. Very pleased so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Very cool, congrats :good2:

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Congrats on your new Gator. :bigthumb:

I use Sloan Implement in Vandalia and they are great so far. They cover a huge portion of IL and WI.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
It's gorgeous! I would love to read more of your impressions after you have put some hours on it.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Nice enjoy your new ride:bigthumb:. Keep us posted on you impressions

·
Registered
433 Posts
Very nice looking ride.

·
Premium Member
13,957 Posts
:bigthumb::bigthumb:

Nice.

·
Registered
11,672 Posts
I have a tow hitch, but just haven't put it on yet.

I just been reviewing how I want to setup my hazard lights and running lights. Might just change out the headlights with led.

Bill
hazard light switch went clear over above the work light switches to the right side of where radio went into one of them pockets in dash.
u will love the work lights-makes a world of difference at night. like day and night difference.

they put my turn signal switch to left side of steering wheel--right beside the head light and bed dump switches.

i see ur dash is black in color---mines kinda well its not white-but i don't really know what color it is:laugh:

yeah u have too set the parking brake every time u get out--i thought heck where's the P-at on the dash:banghead::lol:
have gotten used to it by now-

my dash has gotten a bad creak in it-where u close the windshield to the dash. that just started when it got cold out here the last time. the other day when it was warmer out-no creak-so.......:dunno:

i hope u like urs as much as i love mine:bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
hazard light switch went clear over above the work light switches to the right side of where radio went into one of them pockets in dash.
u will love the work lights-makes a world of difference at night. like day and night difference.

they put my turn signal switch to left side of steering wheel--right beside the head light and bed dump switches.

i see ur dash is black in color---mines kinda well its not white-but i don't really know what color it is:laugh:

yeah u have too set the parking brake every time u get out--i thought heck where's the P-at on the dash:banghead::lol:
have gotten used to it by now-

my dash has gotten a bad creak in it-where u close the windshield to the dash. that just started when it got cold out here the last time. the other day when it was warmer out-no creak-so.......:dunno:

i hope u like urs as much as i love mine:bigthumb:
Mine just started creaking a few days ago too. I was going to see if there is any adjustment in the windshield latch.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jim,

My dash isn't the light color because I have a "M" instead of an "R".

As far as the location of the rocker switches I believe that is determined by the wiring harness. Mine is the same way.

Might have to put a little lubricant on the seal around the windshield to eliminate the creaking sound. I use to put someone on my vehicles rubber around the doors, don't remember what it was though. If I remember I will post it.

If your dealer tells you something about the creaking sound, let us know.

Drove the gator down a semi gravel road last night, couldn't believe the mess on the back frame of the cab (it was raining), ordered the mud guards today, I will install when they arrive.

So far so good. Dog really likes it.

Bill

·
Registered
141 Posts
Biggest thing for me to get use to in the drivetrain. In the kubota, you could stop get out and walk around while not taking it out of gear, the kubota wouldn't move. On the Gator you need to put it in neutral and put on the parking brake if you get out. Do any UTV's have "park".
My Ranger has 'park' :dunno:

·
Registered
11,672 Posts
Jim,

My dash isn't the light color because I have a "M" instead of an "R".

As far as the location of the rocker switches I believe that is determined by the wiring harness. Mine is the same way.

Might have to put a little lubricant on the seal around the windshield to eliminate the creaking sound. I use to put someone on my vehicles rubber around the doors, don't remember what it was though. If I remember I will post it.

If your dealer tells you something about the creaking sound, let us know.

Drove the gator down a semi gravel road last night, couldn't believe the mess on the back frame of the cab (it was raining), ordered the mud guards today, I will install when they arrive.

So far so good. Dog really likes it.

Bill
have these mud guards arrived yet? am curious of them, i posted in ur add on thread--as i want to know where u found them at-ok

haven't heard back about the creaking sound issue as of yet--nor any of the dtac problems either:unknown:saleslady told me jd is gonna replace the 2 guards that are affected. left front, right rear ones--but haven't heard when...........:unknown:

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Jim,

Bought these from Sloan Equipment, part number is BUC10567, 69.90 before taxes. Dealer actually brought them down to my house, he is 60 miles away. Can't beat that. Took 10 minutes to install.

Bill

Oh, got my wireless remote in for the winch, will be installing in the next few days, and the actuator for left and right movement for snow blade, that will be installed in a few days. Got down to 17 degrees last night, so little cold to install right now. Have a heater in the garage but it is still cold.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,672 Posts
Jim,

Bought these from Sloan Equipment, part number is BUC10567, 69.90 before taxes. Dealer actually brought them down to my house, he is 60 miles away. Can't beat that. Took 10 minutes to install.

Bill

Oh, got my wireless remote in for the winch, will be installing in the next few days, and the actuator for left and right movement for snow blade, that will be installed in a few days. Got down to 17 degrees last night, so little cold to install right now. Have a heater in the garage but it is still cold.
i like the looks of them. now i wonder:dunno:how much wider those flaps might be than the pipe i got on mine is.u know the guards on the side of bed. at least them would help keep the pipe guards more cleaner too. it needs something thats for sure.

see if that clears the back of the cab up-then let us know-ok. happy trails:bigthumb::munch:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts