Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any reason for this, not enough beef in the 2000lb frame to handle the receiver? Would rather it be in the frame itself instead of buying and installing a second piece.

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Any reason for this, not enough beef in the 2000lb frame to handle the receiver? Would rather it be in the frame itself instead of buying and installing a second piece.
We would if we could, but we can't. Not to do it right. There isn't enough real estate on the 2300Lb frames to build one in that we would consider safe for the user.

The 3000Lb frames are almost as light and don't cost much more. Have you compared them? For anyone wanting a hitch receiver, it's a no-brainer!

Thanks for the question

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its not strong enough for a loaded trailer or an empty one?

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Its not strong enough for a loaded trailer or an empty one?
I'm afraid I don't follow your question. It does not relate to my previous answer. Please read again.

We have the 2300 Lb pallet fork frame, and the Receiver Adapter is a separate attachment.

On the 3000 Lb pallet fork frame, it can be ordered with or without an integrated hitch receiver. If someone orders the frame without the integrated receiver, they can later get one of the above mentioned Receiver Adapters.

Or, in the case of the 3000Lb frames, we're about to offer an add-on version that attaches to the fork frame permanently. This cannot be used on the 2300 Lb frame for the same reasons mentioned above.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The picts on the website the 2300 and 3000 frames appear to be the same, might just be the same image for each section?

Can you take a side by side pict of the 2 and point out the differences? Or is it just gauge of metal used?

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
The picts on the website the 2300 and 3000 frames appear to be the same, might just be the same image for each section?

Can you take a side by side pict of the 2 and point out the differences? Or is it just gauge of metal used?
The pictures are different. The website has the best information available.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2300lb

2300.jpg

3000lb

3000.jpg

Appears the lower horizontal tube is a larger size and the ladder frames on the outside are bigger at the bottom?

·
Registered
294 Posts
They are not!!!

There are many differences between these products. We are not at liberty to discuss engineering and design specifics.

Artillian FAQ
proprietary!! We all know they are made out of metal,,,,,,,,,, I think,,,,,,, well maybe:dunno: Or did you happen to get your hands on some of that flying saucer stuff from Roswell crash site they were keeping at area 51? So Chris, what are they made of?

:doorclose:

·
Administrator
20,681 Posts
proprietary!! We all know they are made out of metal,,,,,,,,,, I think,,,,,,, well maybe:dunno: Or did you happen to get your hands on some of that flying saucer stuff from Roswell crash site they were keeping at area 51? So Chris, what are they made of?

:doorclose:
Green metal. Duh. :mocking:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still don't fully understand why one cant put a trailer hitch on the lighter frame.

Chris just went around the question twice then said they cant say....

Would just weld one on myself but then that pretty green powdercoat would look like crap after. So probably end up paying extra and having a 15lb heavier frame because of the top secret reasons that we cant know about.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Still don't fully understand why one cant put a trailer hitch on the lighter frame.

Chris just went around the question twice then said they cant say....

Would just weld one on myself but then that pretty green powdercoat would look like crap after. So probably end up paying extra and having a 15lb heavier frame because of the top secret reasons that we cant know about.
Let's try to explain this...

The 2300lbs frame does not have enough space to place an appropriate strength mounting​ for a receiver as judged safe and salable so they could stand behind it's fitness for the job and durability. It is thinner and lighter than the 3000lb frame. Using the hitch adapter plate will work but if you do not have a frame yet and desire this functionality​ it is best to buy the 3000lbs frame. If you want to weld one on yourself feel free... Just don't talk to Artillian if anything goes wrong.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well look at it this way. The 3000lb frame is only 18lbs heavier than the 2300lb frame, and $110 more. The trailer hitch adapter is 38lbs and $239 . Seems to me if you want the trailer hitch, just go with the 3000lb frame. It will be lighter and cheaper in the long run!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Well look at it this way. The 3000lb frame is only 18lbs heavier than the 2300lb frame, and $110 more. The trailer hitch adapter is 38lbs and $239 . Seems to me if you want the trailer hitch, just go with the 3000lb frame. It will be lighter and cheaper in the long run!
Well said!

My guess is that the 2300lb frame is designed to be as LIGHT AS POSSIBLE for the weight rating so they are not going to include a receiver hitch mount, as it adds more weight. If you are going to use the loader to move a trailer, the 3000lb frame is the only way to go, plus, you can grow into the 3000lb frame if you get a tractor that can make use of its capacity. IMHO, it's always best to move a trailer with the rear of the tractor to be safest, but using the loader allows for great visibility in tight confines.

·
Registered
115 Posts
As far as moving trailer with the 3000lb frame, that is a nice feature. In the past, I simply used the hitch on the back of the tractor to move my trailer, usually right after mowing, in order to mow the grass underneath the trailer. But if the situation comes up where I need to move the trailer and I just happen to have the Backhoe on, then I cant use the hitch in the back since the backhoe is in the way, and taking the backhoe off can be a real pain in the a**. Now that I have the 3000 frame with the hitch, that's another benefit. If the backhoe is on, more than likely, the loader is on too, and I now can just use the hitch on the fork frame to move the trailer if I need to without having to take the backhoe off anymore WOOHOO!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts