Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that it seems to be a scam so sellers can give good reviews as a "certified buyer". :dunno:

Our church gets a boatload of stuff delivered that nobody ordered and of course the church doesn't pay for.

I was up there on Friday and again Saturday when the delivery guy stopped by....6 packages on Friday and 7 on Saturday.

heavy duty toe nail clipper, hawaiian sun dress (not my size), USB battery charger pack, soil moisture tester, small toy drone, air pods, butane thingy without the butane, some kind of office toy to kill time when you are supposed to be working (who has time for toys when you are on GTT all day??) etc, etc, etc.

Anybody else getting free stuff in the mail from Amazon?

20190719_194634.jpg

·
Super Moderator
4,851 Posts
Nope! All the Amazon garbage we get is ordered by someone in the house! And we get a lot of "stuff" delivered! :laugh:

Being that the things you are getting are mostly trivial, I wonder if this is tied to one of the Amazon scams I've heard about where someone orders some minor item and then can post a review as a "verified purchaser"?

Amazon scam warning: Beware of deliveries you didnt order - Clark Howard

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope! All the Amazon garbage we get is ordered by someone in the house! And we get a lot of "stuff" delivered! :laugh:

I have realized this can be used to keep me further in the dark.....for things like the mini solar powered fountain that i noticed in the one birdbath today.....wasn't there yesterday when i filled the hummer feeders....

Was it a "necessary" purchase using our real $$ because the birdies 'needed' a fun little splashy water park on these hot days? Or will i be told it was a freebie from the crapiola pile of stuff that was up at church?? :dunno:

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I understand that it seems to be a scam so sellers can give good reviews as a "certified buyer". :dunno:

Our church gets a boatload of stuff delivered that nobody ordered and of course the church doesn't pay for.

I was up there on Friday and again Saturday when the delivery guy stopped by....6 packages on Friday and 7 on Saturday.

heavy duty toe nail clipper, hawaiian sun dress (not my size), USB battery charger pack, soil moisture tester, small toy drone, air pods, butane thingy without the butane, some kind of office toy to kill time when you are supposed to be working (who has time for toys when you are on GTT all day??) etc, etc, etc.

View attachment 696676
Sure glad that Hawaiian sun dress didn't fit you:laugh:

Dave

·
Premium Member
798 Posts

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
Sure glad that Hawaiian sun dress didn't fit you:laugh:

Dave
Sure glad he didn't post pics of him trying it on.:mocking:

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts

·
Registered
11,694 Posts

hey-titlelist---if no one claims this Hawaiian dress-if ya will send it my way--i'll get the better half to try it on for us:mocking: heck for sheets and giggles-maybe i'll try it on:lol::lolol:

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Does the church have a checkbook or credit card that they use?

A coworker of mine had the same thing happen. They then started seeing checks bounce. Upon further investigation their debit card numbers had been stolen.

They were able to verify each fraudulent charge to a package they received from Amazon. Except for one. A $400 subscription to a video game service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts

View attachment 696676

this sounds awesome, heck if John Deere would send me a free box blade or grapple I would gladly let them write a good review on it using my name!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does the church have a checkbook or credit card that they use?

A coworker of mine had the same thing happen. They then started seeing checks bounce. Upon further investigation their debit card numbers had been stolen.

They were able to verify each fraudulent charge to a package they received from Amazon. Except for one. A $400 subscription to a video game service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No church charge card or checkbook used for Amazon purchases. Once or twice in the past somebody ordered something through their Amazon account and had it shipped to the church. But the person paid for it and was reimbursed by the church. The church checking account has been watched closely for any such withdrawals and the people that bought the stuff have watched their cc closely to make sure they didn't have any fraudulent charges. All accounts are clean so far and it has been going on for many months now.

If nobody claimed the sundress when i get back up there to check later this week I'll save it for ya BigJim if you promise a video of you getting in it!! I'll warn ya you'll need a can of fluid film and a shoehorn to get it on!! :lol:

·
Corndog Hater
11,133 Posts
Yep, CT remembers correctly. We received many items last year that we never ordered, very random things. Some of the items were upwards of $60, others $10. Some were rather creepy based on conversations we had had here and there. So, Alexa went bye bye and we called Amazon and the police.

Amazon told us the items were bought and paid for by the same person and that person requested them sent to Mrs. CP basically as a gift. Their privacy policy prevented them from revealing that person’s identity without a police order. We were at the point of filing the harassment charges against Amazon at Thanksgiving time when the packages stopped coming. They came on average once every couple weeks then picked up to as many as a couple per week. Mrs. CP still thinks it was someone from her work, but hasn’t the foggiest idea who. We’re thankful nothing else has shown up.....knock on wood.

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
If nobody claimed the sundress when i get back up there to check later this week I'll save it for ya BigJim if you promise a video of you getting in it!! I'll warn ya you'll need a can of fluid film and a shoehorn to get it on!! :lol:
:cray:well since it is a size for a small person; u need to send it to ole gizmo2---now we all know gizmo2 models women's clothes every day:mocking: so should be no problem for him to get it on.

i'm not interested in such tight fits--for me at least:lol::munch:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts