Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a yellow air hose from Lowes for my compressor. I currently do not have a reel and wrapping that hose back up all the time is a pain in my supple buttox. The problem with my current air hose aside from the lack of reel, is when it's cold outside, that thing turns into PVC pipe! Trying to bend it or stretch it out or curl it up is almost impossible. If it's below 40 outside, I don't even bother wrapping it up because it will do no good. It WILL return to it's former shape AND position in the garage.

So I call upon the vast knowledge base of DT. Edumacate meh!

·
Administrator
21,037 Posts
What you have sounds like a PVC hose, they are a PITA! You need a good Rubber hose, and believe it or not Harbor Freight has GoodYear rubber hoses at a decent price if you have one near you. The downside of rubber hoses is that they are heavy. Good reels are expensive, the ones that HF sell are OK also-not the best but OK. Also, may local hydraulic shops will make you any hose size you want at a fair price.

The best hose I have is made by Senco, but it's only 1/4". I use it for my nailers and such, wouldn't work that well with impacts. Flexeel hoses are nice also, they are super lightweight and flexible.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Not real sure what you are looking for in a reel. I have 7 of the Reelcraft models and am very happy with them, except the econo one. I would not buy that one again. In fact two of them are for water. These maybe more than you are looking to spend but they are good and will last. The only way to go! :good2:

http://www.reelcraft.com/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts