Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my new snow blower is in at the dealer and I plan on picking it up at the end of the week. It is the 47 inch model 7008M for my x580 tractor. My question is, what spare parts for this unit does anyone recommend I pick up while at the dealer? The goal is to not let any common breakdown interrupt snow clearing activities.

Are there any shear pins or belts that commonly break with this unit?

Reactions: Herminator

·
Corndog Hater
11,794 Posts
I have the shaft driven 47" blower, so I can't speak for all the parts. I always have several extra shear bolts on hand (my blower has a handy spot to hold (4) bolts right on it. I'm going into the 12th winter with this blower and I think I've only ever sheared 2 bolts. All my surfaces are asphalt or concrete though. I would also keep Fluid Film on hand to keep things moving smoothly. At the start of each season, I also spray the housing and impellers down with a couple good coats of silicone spray.

·
Premium Member
13,028 Posts
Initially you want to have some extra shear bolts/nuts. Your blower may have some spares mounted in the left side to the rear of the housing. I know the shaft-drive model does but I'm not sure about the belt-driven model. You may want to have an extra drive belt on hand. I've read comments about some blowers shredding belts prematurely. Other than a belt and shear bolts/nuts I cannot think of any other spares to have initially.

47 Inch Snowblower
Item
Part Number
Snowblower Drive Belt
M149970
Auger Shear Bolt (M6 x 45)
19M8321
Auger Shear Bolt Nut (M6)
14M7397
Impeller Shear Bolt (M5 x 40)
M154492
Impeller Shear Bolt Nut (M5)
14M7375
Scraper Blade
M135649

·
Premium Member
6,018 Posts
I agree with the others. Shear bolts but really I have only broke them when someone throws a newspaper in the drive.

I used my 38” on the 112 for many years. Let’s see it was a 1968 and I stopped using it around 2000. I did about 6 driveways with it each snow. I only remember replacing the shoes and scraper blade once and probably a belt here or there.

The 46” is an 1982, was used until 10 years ago. I am redoing it now. The shoes were worn through and the blade was wore pretty good. I am replacing some springs and the bearings (because now is the time otherwise they were still good) but for everything it was less than $150.00 and it will be like new. Not bad when the primer and paint alone will be just under a 100 I bet.

They last quite well. Of course these are the single stage thrower type but I will bet the 2 stage blower types last just as good.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Definitely have at least one spare belt!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts