Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up a couple of mats made from recycled tires yesterday and today was bright, sunny and no :rain:, so a great day to be outside and get them down. They are 4' x 6' x 1.18" thick in size and very heavy for this old guy. I used the 48" front loader move them from my truck to their placement spot inside my new canopy which stores my JD equipment and such.:good2:

Inside the canopy I have 3 layers of 6mil poly so no mud, but Oregon :rain: runs/blows in a little, on top of the poly. The soil under stays firm but I don't like the :rain: water on the floor. I believe the mats will provide a dry floor.:yahoo:

Took a few pics showing the poly on the floor, a mat ready to come off the pickup, and then placement of the two I picked up just to try. If I like them I will buy a few more and carpet the whole inside.:laugh:

First impression, I think I'm going to really like the mats. Comments . . . . ?? :greentractorride:

Attachments

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
I want to see how you like them over time. I'd like to put some down in various sheds around here.

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ground tire powder is mixed with a binder and heated to remelt and bond. The mats are not permeable. They make horse stall/trailer mats, playground crumb, tiles and mats for exercise rooms.

The maker is a former client of mine, I was an ISO 9000 auditor for years. The mats are seconds with a 60% discount if I remember correctly. I paid $47 for the two which I picked-up @ their plant.:thumbup1gif:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts