Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While checking my tractor over this morning I discovered on the bottom of the ROPS where it mounts to the axle/transmission had no paint, just bare metal. About a 1 inch strip. Like something was attached to it when it was painted. . .
I went down to my local hardware store to buy a small can of paint. Hmmm, no paint just empty shelves.

So after thinking about it a few minutes I came up with a temporary fix until I could go find paint.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Automotive exterior Bumper Gas Auto part Metal

Gas Automotive exterior Auto part Machine Metal

Writing implement Handwriting Office supplies Font Pen

·
Registered
615 Posts
While checking my tractor over this morning I discovered on the bottom of the ROPS where it mounts to the axle/transmission had no paint, just bare metal. About a 1 inch strip. Like something was attached to it when it was painted. . .
I went down to my local hardware store to buy a small can of paint. Hmmm, no paint just empty shelves.

So after thinking about it a few minutes I came up with a temporary fix until I could go find paint.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

View attachment 813128
View attachment 813127
View attachment 813126
Ok ... inquiring minds want to know ... Just how long did it take you to scribble black Sharpie all over that steel plate ?

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
That's funny stuff right there.

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,803 Posts
Why didn't the hardware store have any black spray paint? Was it because they are running a special on a black fine point sharpie markers? BTW, your tractor is not the first to have that paint void. You are, however, the first I can recall who used a fine point sharpie marker..........

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
OP,
Office Max thanks you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Since you overlooked a first coat with a Sharpie primer marker you don't really think it is going to last do you. It's all in the prep.
I could wet sand the 1st coat, then apply a second coat. That should take care of it.

Maybe I could get a late night TV infomercial slot and start a new company.:cool::cool::cool:

·
Premium Member
4,974 Posts
Why didn't the hardware store have any black spray paint? Was it because they are running a special on a black fine point sharpie markers? BTW, your tractor is not the first to have that paint void. You are, however, the first I can recall who used a fine point sharpie marker..........
Spray paint was spotty in Wilmington NC too. Looking for a tan color and the shelves were almost empty.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Spray paint was spotty in Wilmington NC too. Looking for a tan color and the shelves were almost empty.
It's because all of the mostly peaceful protestors are stocking up for the Rittenhouse acquittal announcement.

·
Registered
2015 1025R
150 Posts
Fine Point.... for the Premium touch ups. ha!

I did have a good laugh at this one...

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'll have to stock up on sharpies now 🤣

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.