Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I read over the Regen part in the manual and I do not understand what I am supposed to do with it. There are 2 buttons on dash that are a mystery also. Also the Soot % and exhaust % are a mystery. Also what are Vehicle hours? Thanks for the help.
VP

·
Registered
169 Posts
Really, you don’t need to do anything other than run it. When the regen starts, there will be a light in the lower left of the cluster that will illuminate telling you the regen has started. After that, just run it as usual till the regen finishes. Constant load makes it finish faster, btw. The nice part is the John Deere cycle is pretty seamless, so you won’t know is even doing anything other than the light on the cluster. I believe at around 50 hours, it’ll do its first one as the factory programs it to happen early. After that, usage will determine how often it occurs.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Don't cancel it, even if it's inconvenient, that can result in expensive trips to the dealer. If it tells you to increase rpm, do so until it's over 1500, higher is better. Don't shut the machine off either, just increase the revs and work it as hard as you can on the task at hand, or park it and let it finish, just something that has to be dealt with on tier 4 tractors.

·
Premium Member
Tator
17,084 Posts
Tractor hours are just that, how many hours you've had the engine running.
Then there is PTO hours, they show how many hours you've had the PTO engaged.
The soot level is just that, usually around 77% it will regen.
The exhaust is simply how many hours since your last regen.

DO NOT cancel a regen and never shut the tractor off while it is performing a regen. It will do it's thing, pretty seamless, so you just do your thing. Don't get too caught up on hours in between regen cycles, everybody's tractor use is different, but many people think it's a badge of honor to go as many hours as you can. For me it's anywhere between 30 and 80 hours in between regen cycles, depending on the time of the which will vary my usage.

·
Registered
7,990 Posts
My new tractor did its first at 25 hours. We were baling square bales when I notice the light on. Was only on for 5 minutes I think. Watching the Baler so not sure how long it was on before I seen it. Guys on the wagon said they could smell it.

·
Premium Member
Tator
17,084 Posts
Just out of curiosity, how long does regen take?
Mine will vary Keith. If I’m working with it, 20-25 minutes. I let the tractor do its own thing once when it started right as I was ready to park and it took 45 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,788 Posts
Mine will vary Keith. If I’m working with it, 20-25 minutes. I let the tractor do its own thing once when it started right as I was ready to park and it took 45 minutes.

I have found the same. If it started a couple of times before I put it up and it does take a while parked.

OP, you'll notice it'll sound a little off when it starts and a distinct smell. Nothing crazy, just a little different.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
45,426 Posts
And you have to let it run the 45 minutes?

·
Premium Member
Tator
17,084 Posts
And you have to let it run the 45 minutes?
Yes, we’re at the mercy of the EPA

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
That would be sucky if it happened at the end of a long day and you were putting the tractor up for the night after staying out until bedtime lol

·
Premium Member
Tator
17,084 Posts
That would be sucky if it happened at the end of a long day and you were putting the tractor up for the night after staying out until bedtime lol
Yes, but I meant just letting the tractor do it’s thing, which is 1500 rpms. I only did that once because I was still doing other things and just wanted to time it. But if you crank the rpms up it cuts it half.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Yes, but I meant just letting the tractor do it’s thing, which is 1500 rpms. I only did that once because I was still doing other things and just wanted to time it. But if you crank the rpms up it cuts it half.

That's better. It would be nice if it could be programmed to shut itself off afterwards so you could just walk away.

·
Premium Member
Tator
17,084 Posts
That's better. It would be nice if it could be programmed to shut itself off afterwards so you could just walk away.
Haha, yes it would

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
45,426 Posts
Can this feature be bypassed?

Reactions: Herminator

·
Premium Member
Tator
17,084 Posts
Quick piece of advise, when waiting for Kenny at the restaurant, stay in your vehicle where airbag deployment may save you when he rolls through the parking lot like the last lap at Daytona
Oops, wrong thread

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,014 Posts
Why would you want to? If the machine doesn’t regen it will eventually need expensive repairs. I recall @HomesteadJoe having an issue with his because the normal regens never completed. He finally got one to finish.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
You would have to remove the DPF from the exhaust path, then simulate the sensors that take readings for soot percentage, temp, air-fuel, etc. Depending on how complex Deere's programming is, it may be relatively simple if the sensors are ignored until the machine reaches steady state (operating temp), or it could be incredibly complex if the ECU changes fuel percentage when cold, or adjusts other parametera based on soot percentage, etc. And they could have a couple lines of code detect a faulty sensor if the reading never changes, depends on how much effort Deere put into making the machine inoperable if that system is removed.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.