14,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May be never forget the men and women who died at Pearl Harbor , Dec 7,1941

·
Premium Member
14,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
May be never forget the men and women who died at Pearl Harbor , Dec 7,1941
Since I used my eye drops and I can see !

May we never forget the Men and Women who died at Pear Harbor, Dec 7, 1941 !

·
Super Moderator
2,707 Posts
I think most Americans have forgotten Pearl Harbor, just as some have forgotten 9/11. All I've seen on the news media the last few days is Nelson Mandela, who wasn't even an American. Our news media seems to hype some stories, while overlooking the important and more relevant ones. Just my opinion.

Sorry for getting off-topic, now back on topic.

The words of FDR are as famous as Lincoln's Gettysburg address, and just as poignant. I have toured the Arizona Memorial, and it's an eery feeling your have walking above the sunken ship and reading the names. May we never forget all who died to make and to keep this country free.

·
Premium Member
4,871 Posts
I think most Americans have forgotten Pearl Harbor, just as some have forgotten 9/11. All I've seen on the news media the last few days is Nelson Mandela, who wasn't even an American. Our news media seems to hype some stories, while overlooking the important and more relevant ones. Just my opinion.

Sorry for getting off-topic, now back on topic.

The words of FDR are as famous as Lincoln's Gettysburg address, and just as poignant. I have toured the Arizona Memorial, and it's an eery feeling your have walking above the sunken ship and reading the names. May we never forget all who died to make and to keep this country free.
I too have been to the Arizona Memorial and I agree; it is an eerie feeling...but the word eerie doesn't really completely describe it for me, there was also a feeling of great tragedy and an almost palpable presence that defies description.

·
Administrator
20,668 Posts
I too would like to visit the Arizona.

I have a feeling my allergies would get to me there, you know, all the local wild flowers and such.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
It's such a beautiful place. It's hard to imagine all the terrible things that happened that day.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,871 Posts
Nice Post, may we never forget....
My grandfather sure talked about it quite a bit, he went through there at some point right after it had happened..
:usa
My Dad was in the aggregate ( crushed limestone for concrete; e.g. runways) business during WWII, and wasn't drafted, but basically told he was needed doing what he was doing. They tried to get him to build a plant of some kind in Hawaii, but he refused to go. At that time they didn't know if the Japanese were coming back or not.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,404 Posts
My Dad was in the aggregate ( crushed limestone for concrete; e.g. runways) business during WWII, and wasn't drafted, but basically told he was needed doing what he was doing. They tried to get him to build a plant of some kind in Hawaii, but he refused to go. At that time they didn't know if the Japanese were coming back or not.
He should have asked the government, they probably knew the first time.

·
Premium Member
4,871 Posts
He should have asked the government, they probably knew the first time.
Good thought, but he had a hard enough time just getting them to replace the rear tires on his old Plymouth. He blew them out hauling parts for the rock crusher, and tires were almost impossible to get. He finally was able to contact the base commander and managed to get two new tires, but two was all he could get. He finally found a couple tractor tires that he put on the front of the old Plymouth; it looked really weird with those tires on there...they had no tread, just three ribs that ran the circumference of the tires.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts