Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried about 5 marine mold removal sprays ($45) with no good results. Researched vinyl flex paint and settled on SEM brand from Summit racing. I used stingray yellow ( not a perfect match) which came out very nice. Be sure and use the 3 step process of SEM soap-vinyl prep spray-3rd and final stage paint. Used 2 cans of yellow covers very slowly.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Watch this on YouTube. This stuff he used did an awesome job. I have always used Spray 9 which works really well this stuff he used worked even better.

Never thought of painting it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Watch this on YouTube. This stuff he used did an awesome job. I have always used Spray 9 which works really well this stuff he used worked even better.

Never thought of painting it.

One that I tried with no luck
thanks MH Florida is tough

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Mildew stains on our pontoon seats was a common occurrence and they were white seats, so it really stood out. I'd mix laundry liquid bleach and water at a 50/50 in a pump spray bottle. Just spray it on and come back in about 3 minutes---no stain, no scrubbing.

You do want to use it sparingly around stitching, however. The bleach will cause the thread to deteriorate with repeated applications.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Martin
I tried straight bleach and that did not work. I bought my 2017 1025R after it was outside for 2 years in the hot Fl sun. Only had 47 hours on it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Was it covered outside? You'd think the sun would've discouraged mold.
I just put a cover on my new tractor's seat, but now you got me thinking if that's wise.
Not stored outside though.

·
Registered
227 Posts
That's wild. Bleach works on my siding. It does make the siding lighter though. But I'm not in Florida. I hope it's not still alive under the paint, lol.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
30 seconds outdoor cleaner works for me on black mold

·
Super Moderator
4,951 Posts
This isn't unique to the seats on any specific model. I had the same thing with the seat on my D160 mower and used Dawn dish soap and a Magic Eraser and it all came off in just a few minutes.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
You got the problem taken care of, but for others who might find this looking for solutions....

Its just a matter of finding what works with the seat itself.
Years (and years) ago I worked in a boat factory. They made boats, repaired boats, and stored boats.
I cleaned up the stored boats in the Spring to get them ready for the water, or also random customers boats that they requested it on.
Anyway, we used Simple Green, about 50/50 and a soft bristle brush. Never failed to clean any mold/mildew off the seats or other trim.
Kind of depends on how bad it is, as to how long it needs to sit, or how much scrubbing you do, but heck, that was 25 years ago, Im sure there are better things to clean with these days, like the magic eraser the guys mentioned.
Also, Ive not had any mildewed vinyl to try it on, but Deeres All Purpose Cleaner is awesome at cleaning just about everything. Id personally try that on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts