Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know a way to remove the handle on the left fender (circled) on a 1023E/1025R without removing the fender and the fuel tank? Do I have to remove the wheel?

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Probably not the information you want to hear. I've attached the Left Fender R & R, from the service manual.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,240 Posts
Don't know for sure but you might be able too. It's held in by #10 bracket which is held by #12 nut. That nut is accessible without taking the wheel off. You'll have to take out the 5 bolts holding the left hand floor board, might be easier to remove the floor board entirely. Might want to also remove the close out panel around the range select lever for more wiggle room. You'll have to deal with the wire harness for the fender work light if you have that also.

It's worth a try. The tech manual doesn't say how to remove the handle, just how to remove the fender and fuel tank.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Probably not the information you want to hear. I've attached the Left Fender R & R, from the service manual.
Thanks. Yeah, I saw that in the service manual but noted that it was about removing the fuel tank rather than just the fender. I'm wondering if, as Kylew noted above, I can remove just the fender by unbolting bolt labeled "12" and remove the support labeled "10", along with the floorboard bolts and the rear support bolt and slide the whole fender off leaving the fuel tank in place. The money shot would be if I could access the two bolts labeled "11" directly and just remove the handle that way. I don't mind pulling the wheel. I have to re-torque the wheel bolts anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts