Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some info on removing the floor on a 2305. At this point I am guessing you need to remove the rollbar or at least have it loose so you can tip the rear fenders back?

I got the bright idea that I would remove the floorplan to inspect a couple things and figured I could grease the drive shaft while I was at it. Looked like an easy thing to do so I removed the brake pedal, 4 bolts holding the floor down and the 4 small ones holding them to the rear fenders. Removed the metal plate that goes from the floor up under seat along with the seat and the deck knob.

The thing is loose and wiggles around but wont tip up. Since the floor goes up into the fender I am guessing thats what is holding me up. I really dont want to remove the ROPs but wouldnt be opposed to loosening the bolts so I could tip the fenders up. Since the torque dots dont line up on my ROPS bolts I am guessing the dealer had them loose/off when they replaced the charge pump last month.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I have never had mind off but looking at mine it looks like you are on the right track just loosen the ROPS bolts and give it a try.

Doug

·
Premium Member
19,831 Posts
Haven't had my 2305 for over 4 years. I thought I tried one time by doing as the others have said, then take the panel off below the steering whee. Loosen the bolts below seat and I may be wrong, but I thought you can lift up the floor from front to back or from where front pedals (was located) toward the under the seat. You can move the panels quite a bit without them breaking ,, well mine could but tractor was always parked inside and not left outside in the sun when not being used.

This may or my not work, :dunno::dunno: Hope this helps. :munch:

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Did anybody ever reply to this thread? I am having the exact same problem and thought for sure somebody would have posted on this. Please?
Good luck with your service repair. Here is the page from the service manual.

Oh, and I highly recommend removing the ROPS, it makes the job so much easier. :thumbup1gif:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,831 Posts

Oh, and I highly recommend removing the ROPS, it makes the job so much easier. :thumbup1gif:
Like the others have suggested, remove the ROPS probably quicker and easier.

·
Registered
2 Posts
OK thanks this is very helpful and does indeed imply that the fender assembly needs to come off which is contrary to what I first was told. It also appears I need to get the service manual (just got this tractor used a couple weeks ago). In the meantime, you wouldn't happen to have a copy of page 339 (fender removal) would you? I'm only looking to check on why the mower deck adjustment knob doesn't seem to work so this seems a bit extreme for something that simple.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
If you want to remove the floor panel you need to remove the ROPS, Seat, and the steering column tower and all the assorted knobs etc. While it is a lot of stuff you can have it all removed in 30 minutes or less. I have a 2210 and the setup is almost the same as a 2305. Yes, it is a PIA just to check the knob so I would definitely use the time to grease the drive shaft and clean out underneath the seat pan. The SCUT's are like working on new car engines these days, just go ahead and remove half of the tractor so you can easily access what you need too. :laugh:

You maybe able to look at the deck adjustment knob from underneath and see why it isn't working like it should.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rear Fender

Randy, would you be able to provide the following document: “Rear Fender Platform Removal and Installation” on page 339.

I need to grease the front universal joint and there is no way I can do it from the bottom....I really tried but no luck. :-(

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Randy, would you be able to provide the following document: “Rear Fender Platform Removal and Installation” on page 339.

I need to grease the front universal joint and there is no way I can do it from the bottom....I really tried but no luck. :-(
OK, but it won't be until the weekend.

Reactions: Lepapehermann

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rear Fender removal

As promised, Rear Fender Removal.
Hello Randy, this is greatly appreciated.
I will now try to remove everything I can in order to get access to the front universal joint that certainly need grease.
I don't know if I will be able to grease it from the top but will give it a try. It was impossible to do it from the bottom even with a needle extension on the grease gun.

Many thanks and have a great day.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Removing the front portion of the rockshaft rate of drop valve

I am removing the floor on the 2305 and need to get this shaft out of the way. It looks like there is a solid pin holding the front portion of the shaft to the rear portion and mine ain't coming out due to rust and being frozen in there. How have you dealt with this?

Thanks,
-John

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was able to easily remove the pin with a c-clamp pin press press. After the pin was removed, the front of the shaft pulled straight out of the back half after turning back and forth using a vice grip to hold the back of the rod. Alternatively, using a straight punch would work if you can adequately brace the underneath of the rod so that you don't bent it and maybe ruin the valve that the rod operates.

Here is the exact tool I used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HZBRH98/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

-John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.