Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello; it’s spring in New England ; went through first winter with OTC cab / glass windshield on my X580 and it was nice; I’d like replace four roof corner bolts with eyebolts like others have suggested and lift it to garage ceiling with some sort of ropes and pulleys; any pictures or parts list or previous experiences with this method or other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks John

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello; it’s spring in New England ; went through first winter with OTC cab / glass windshield on my X580 and it was nice; I’d like replace four roof corner bolts with eyebolts like others have suggested and lift it to garage ceiling with some sort of ropes and pulleys; any pictures or parts list or previous experiences with this method or other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks John
Hello ; just a follow up I used a pulley with corner eyebolts and crisscross straps on top of the cab and raised it to the ceiling in my garage no problem worked out fine. John

·
Premium Member
17,171 Posts
I leave the frame work on my 1025, have done this from when I had the 1026, now going on 8 yrs.. I remove the glass windshield, doors, side and back curtains. With roof on , helps to keep the sun off me while mowing.
Over the years OTC has upgraded several brackets and post for the frame work. I've had to replace 3 pieces over the years. IMO not worth the time and trouble to remove the frame and roof.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I leave the frame work on my 1025, have done this from when I had the 1026, now going on 8 yrs.. I remove the glass windshield, doors, side and back curtains. With roof on , helps to keep the sun off me while mowing.
Over the years OTC has upgraded several brackets and post for the frame work. I've had to replace 3 pieces over the years. IMO not worth the time and trouble to remove the frame and roof.
Hello ; I’ll keep that in mind next winter; from what I’ve heard if you remove the doors and leave the cab on the frame can crack at weld points from jerking around without the doors off ; this is why the factory doesn’t recommend it; they offer screen doors for the unit I may also consider that. Thanks John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts