Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to replace the front wheel bushings with roller bearings. I couldn't get the bushings out of the wheel race. Has anyone been sucessfull in removing the bushings? This is on a D-110 riding mower.

·
Administrator
17,494 Posts
Welcome to DT!

Can you be little more specific, like what are you working on?

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I dont know how your tractor is configured. But....when I take the bearings out of my dirtbike,I take out a circlip on one side,then I will use a brass drift punch and hammer it out from the other side. Maybe you can do the same? Let us know how it goes.

·
Premium Member
7,433 Posts
Welcome to DT SpPhil.

I'm assuming there are still grease zerks on the front wheel hubs of the D-100 series BBM (Big Box Mower) series of lawn tractors like my L-130 has.

Now I'll admit I'm a bit puzzled as to why you want to go to the effort on a BBM lawn tractor.

However; if you do pursue this, I'm guessing you'll need a hydraulic press to remove the bushings, assuming Deere designed them to be replaced. Then whether you can find roller bearings with the proper O.D. for the wheel hub and I.D. for the axle spindle is another question.

Please post pix if you go forward with this project.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Glad you joined us.

Here is the diagram. Item number 3 are the flanged bushings. May I ask as to why you want to do this?

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I want to replace the front wheel bushings with roller bearings. I couldn't get the bushings out of the wheel race. Has anyone been sucessfull in removing the bushings? This is on a D-110 riding mower.
Drive em put with a punch from back side the JD Bearing number is AM127304

·
Registered
280 Posts
be careful when hitting bearings with a punch. always wear safety glasses!!!! you wont regret it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts