Just about the same for poison oak... It's the oil called urushiol. Like an oil, the best treatment is soap, water and a wash cloth. The wash cloth is key to removing the oil from your skin. Soap & water just move it around making it worse.Never dealt with the Ivy but have always been aware that it exists......kinda a thing grandma or whoever always said.
I got poison Oak.....old growth in places.
I know how to get or not to get the p oak.
The pollen sacs in spring will spread it...burning is deadly to some folks.
Don't EVER...chop the vines with a machetti.......sap sprays...it don't end well.
How or what/why are the do nots of IVY.......I need education..mostly for fun ..but I like to learn.