Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well some of you said it was no problem to fix a flat on fluid filled tire, today I confirmed that is true.... twice!

I'm in the middle of some firewood work and had the loader up by the splitter and noticed the front left tire looked low but I thought it was just a little indent in the lawn. Then I backed up and saw the fluid leaking and bubbling. Hmmm, don't know what I ran over, it was just a very fine hole with no nail or such like. So I used the loader to lift the front up, rotated the hole to the top since the washer fluid in the tires just covers the rim. I relieved the pressure and put in a plug. Easy peesy, it held air no problem. I backed up a little and saw another wet spot, it was a second hole similar to the first. The second plug held good too. So now I don't worry too much about this, when I filled the tires I thought this might cause trouble but not so.

IMG_1430 (Custom).JPG

IMG_1435 (Custom).JPG

IMG_1436 (Custom).JPG

IMG_1437 (Custom).JPG

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,183 Posts
Yep, I plugged my right front a few years ago and it still doesn't leak. Easy way to find a leak is having the tires filled with liquid. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, I plugged my right front a few years ago and it still doesn't leak. Easy way to find a leak is having the tires filled with liquid. :bigthumb:
Yeah, that's what I thought too, just look for a wet spot. I think all told I have about 5 or 6 plugs in all in different tires but these were the first since I put the fluid in them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts