Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our son and his boys have been here a couple of days and wanted a project to help us with, sooooo here's what we did. The rip/rap along our shoreline needed to be re-done but I forgot to take a picture of what the before image looked like. It took over 10k lbs of rock for the project. It's nice to have a gravel pit about 1 mile away from our house. I went across the gravel pit scale with the tractor and trailer empty when I started and then with each load. The semi drivers hauling from the pit come over and look over my tractor and trailer when I'm loading almost every time and get a kick out of how I lead my own. I just tell them that if I let that big payloader load me i wouldn't find my trailer.

Our son Brent and his boys Tristan and Dillon have been here a couple of days and wanted a project to help us with, sooooo here's what we did. The rip/rap along our shoreline needed to be re-done but I forgot to take a picture of what the before image looked like. It took over 5 ton of rock for the project. It's nice to have a gravel pit about 1 mile away. The semi drivers get a kick out of my little rig and how handy it is.
Pics of the project below.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,892 Posts
Huh. Is that a man made lake? Around here the environmental police would be on you if you move a rock in or immediately adjacent to any waterway.

Hauling all that rock looks like it would be a bear in the heat most of the country is seeing. I guess you can just jump in the lake to cool off though! :laugh:

Looks pretty good!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We're on Lake Elsie in SE corner of North Dakota. It's a primarily spring fed lake about 500 - 600 acres.

Here's a picture from our deck.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Huh. Is that a man made lake? Around here the environmental police would be on you if you move a rock in or immediately adjacent to any waterway.

Hauling all that rock looks like it would be a bear in the heat most of the country is seeing. I guess you can just jump in the lake to cool off though! :laugh:

Looks pretty good!
While anything like that done with malicious intent or without regard for water quality would certainly result in unwanted attention from the DEQ here as well-if its being done to maintain and stabilize a bank in the name of erosion control and good practices are being maintained to ensure water quality then you’d likely just get a reminder to ask permission and go on about your way.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
We're on Lake Elsie in SE corner of North Dakota. It's a primarily spring fed lake about 500 - 600 acres.

Here's a picture from our deck.
Great view!
I have friends in Wyndmere and get up there on occasion hunting.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great view!
I have friends in Wyndmere and get up there on occasion hunting.
I grew up and went to school at Wyndmere in the 50's - 60's. We go to the Black Pelican for drinks and eats quite regularly. Would be curious to see if I know your friends from there.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I grew up and went to school at Wyndmere in the 50's - 60's. We go to the Black Pelican for drinks and eats quite regularly. Would be curious to see if I know your friends from there.
Severson's, Eric and Lisa. Dave and Barb Severson are Eric's parents and live about a 2 miles away.
They're imports from SC. Been there about 15 years or so?
You may know Marvin and Jeanne Lugert, they farm just south of them. We hunt on their land a lot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts