Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
20,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This topic comes up frequently, so I figured I'd do a thread on this.

If you have hydraulic quick disconnects/couplers (QD's, QC's) on your machine that leak while CONNECTED, often replacing the O-ring in the female coupler will fix that. A small dental pic or a "pick and hook" set from places like Harbor Freight, Amazon, and other tool suppliers. They are usually under $10.00

If they leak while DISCONNECTED, then the only real answer is to replace the coupler, they are not rebuildable.

Here are the common sizes used, they are available from MANY sources:

For 1/4" ISO 5675 "AG" style couplers:
Size = 113
Durometer = 70A
Material = Buna N

For 1/2" ISO 5675 "AG" style couplers:
Size = 117
Durometer = 70A
Material = Buna N

If you are not sure what size couplers you have, you can look at the downloadable charts and/or the tables we have on our website:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Thank you Kenny. At the moment I don't have this problem but I will try to keep it mind for when I do.

·
Premium Member
8,600 Posts
Thanks for posting

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Great info.....now to find them.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
When looking for o-rings, PAY ATTENTION TO MATERIAL !!! Buna N, often referred to as Nitril will work in a petroleum based fluid system, such as a hydraulic system. Many general hardware stores or plumbing shops carry epdm o-rings designed to be used in water based fluid systems, like you house water, and turn VERY soft in a few weeks after contacting a petroleum based fluid. Do NOT use epdm for hydraulics! Before purchasing, verify material!

Durometer (hardness) is not too critical but a higher number could mean difficulties in connecting.

For a simple round ring, there ARE things to be considered! Bob

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
40,436 Posts
Here are the common sizes used, they are available from MANY sources:
Thanks for posting but I'll probably still call ya. 🤣

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Great to know and thanks. Do you have a spec for the 3/8 coupler, I have a 2520 w/PB, and as one 1/4 QC for the FEL started leaking when I added the third function I plan on replacing all the old seals - FEL and PB.

·
Administrator
20,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great to know and thanks. Do you have a spec for the 3/8 coupler, I have a 2520 w/PB, and as one 1/4 QC for the FEL started leaking when I added the third function I plan on replacing all the old seals - FEL and PB.
Sorry, if I had that info I would have posted it. 3/8" are hardly used anymore

1 - 9 of 9 Posts