Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm sure someone has probably figured this out. But I wanted to post my results and pictures too. Obviously whoever in China designed the top hook for the harbor freight quick hitch has never seen a 3 point implement before. It's too short, so it ends up carrying weight that should be on the lift arms. And it's too close to the frame so half the implements don't fit. Dumb dumb dumb. For example, my heavy Hitch only fit if you beat it on with a hammer. And my pine rake didn't fit at all.

I am happy to report this $30ish replacement hook solves both of those problems. The vertical alignment is actually correct, so it has hook contact but the weight is on the lift arms. And it sticks out enough to not jam up on the bolts. Basically it's everything through quick hitch should have had in the first place.

PhotoGrid_1537411058880_1537430708771.jpg

At around $30 with shipping, it still makes the $80 Harbor Freight quick hitch a great bargain. I'm usually all for buying American even if it costs a little more. But the iMatch cost for what it actually is, is just outrageous IMO.

This hook has part #141137 on a sticker. This can be found at numerous retailers.

https://qualityfarmsupply.com/Product/Quick-Hitch-Repair-Parts/873-dash-HF141137

https://agcrazy.com/873-hf141137-top-hook-for-cat-1-quick-hitch

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OKWIIOY/

·
Administrator
17,272 Posts
Yes this has been discussed many times for both the HF and JD hitches. The supply chain dried up and they were unavailable for a long but now seem available again.

FYI we will have our next batch of the extended iMatch hooks as well as one for the HF hitches ready soon in addition to the custom pins.

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Googling the part number reveals it seems to originally have been made by Oregon, but they stopped making them. Now it's like someone found a misplaced container of them somewhere and all of a sudden they exist again. I was actually surprised to find you didn't have something for this already. I was going to grab some 1/2" pins next time I'm at TSC to replace the bolts too.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,069 Posts
Yes this has been discussed many times for both the HF and JD hitches. The supply chain dried up and they were unavailable for a long but now seem available again.

FYI we will have our next batch of the extended iMatch hooks as well as one for the HF hitches ready soon in addition to the custom pins.
:thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
17,272 Posts
Googling the part number reveals it seems to originally have been made by Oregon, but they stopped making them. Now it's like someone found a misplaced container of them somewhere and all of a sudden they exist again. I was actually surprised to find you didn't have something for this already. I was going to grab some 1/2" pins next time I'm at TSC to replace the bolts too.

Well ours wont be from a “container” they will be made in the USA, as are the custom pins.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts

I have a Speeco QH. From what P2P posted for a replacement, I'm guessing that the hole spacing is the same for the Speeco and the HF.

When you're ready for a beta tester, Kenny, let me know! :good2: Or, if you want me to take some measurements of my Speeco, I'm happy to do that as well. Whatever I can do to help - I think I owe you one! :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a Speeco QH. From what P2P posted for a replacement, I'm guessing that the hole spacing is the same for the Speeco and the HF.
Ya the hook has a Speeco sticker on it. But the part number is an Oregon number. And it's being sold by a multitude of retailers for several different quick hitches. So it would seem the Speeco and Harbor Freight quick hitches use the same hooks. This is good for Kenny since he can make one hook that can be marketed for multiple different types of hitches.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts