Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having an issue with the factory skids on my 59" front mounted snowblower on my gravel driveway. The factory skids did not provide enough service area and would dig into the gravel. I found larger skids on Snowerblowerskids.com that I replaced the factory skids with and work very well. The price was right too - $45 for the new bigger skids.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,001 Posts
What model number replacement skids did you purchase? I don't see anything listed on their site for the larger JD blowers. I was thinking of adapting a set to my 54" blower.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Will the skids fit on the inside of the blower? Have a 54" front mount blower.

Doug

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They didn't have anything listed for my 59" snowblower. When I looked at the site, they are not really brand/model specific, they are length and hole spacing specific. The business owner collects the brand/model information when you purchase the skids to try and help others in the future who may have the same brand/model as someone who has already purchased from him. I had emailed him at the beginning of this year around fit and he explained to simply measure center to center on the existing mounting holes. I did this for mine and it turned out to be 4.75". I then just browsed his available skids until I found this one and ordered it: Extra Large 4.75" Slot Spacing (set of 2 skids) Item# ASC9475-B.

The skids will fit on the inside but lose about a 1/2# of drop due to the length - the cutting bar in the back prevents the skid from being adjusted all the way to the lowest point. I mounted mine on the outside with the skid going under the blower frame. They are essentially 'L' shaped. This gives me just a little over 1/8" wider on each side than I was with the factory skids.

·
Premium Member
13,001 Posts
Thanks! I hadn't noticed the section on the website that described these shoes. I will measure my hole spacing. The 54" blower is completely flat on the sides just like the 59" so installation should be a breeze.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts