Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed a mulch kit on my1025s 54”deck. I put on the JD mulch blades that came with it. Can’t find a part # that I’m positive is accurate. When I look up on JD site, they last all of the smaller lawn mower or lawn tractor models to match it but not the 1025. Has anyone replaced the JD 54” mulch kit blades with the ones that came with the kit? Thanks
Don

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
I believe the 1025R w/ 54D deck uses the mulch kit BM20827, which has plastic baffles. Does yours have the plastic baffles or do you have the part number of the mulch kit you installed?
If so, the mulch blades are M145516...$17.53 each.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe the 1025R w/ 54D deck uses the mulch kit BM20827, which has plastic baffles. Does yours have the plastic baffles or do you have the part number of the mulch kit you installed?
If so, the mulch blades are M145516...$17.53 each.
Thanks Kylew, I purchased the mulch kit from my John Deere dealer after getting the rig. I can’t find any info on simply buying replacement blades for that kit. A lot of suggestions and stuff but nothing concrete on what came with that kit. They are 3 years old and would love to get a new replacement set. Again a lot of answers on everything but what comes exactly with the JD mulch kit. I’m surprised this isn’t common amongst us.

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
The M145516 is what the parts catalog shows as coming in the BM20827 kit.

Now that I think about it, I bet you can find the part number stamped into the blade, but I believe it's stamped on the top. You may need to wire brush it (or a wire wheel on a bench grinder) but I bet it's there. Seems to me all the JD blades I've put on my decks have the number stamped on them. Try that. :good2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts