Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, we found a land pride RTA1050 rototiller for the farm, and got it for a complete steal. The downside is, it only came with what i believe is the slip clutch, and the implement half of the PTO shaft. Should i try to just replace the tractor side, or replace up to the slip clutch, or replace the whole thing, at this point? Also, if I'm buying new, i know how to cut a shaft to size... But how do i make sure I'm not overbuying on length to begin with? It's not like i can take the tractor and tiller into the store with me haha

·
Premium Member
14,150 Posts
So, we found a land pride RTA1050 rototiller for the farm, and got it for a complete steal. The downside is, it only came with what i believe is the slip clutch, and the implement half of the PTO shaft. Should i try to just replace the tractor side, or replace up to the slip clutch, or replace the whole thing, at this point? Also, if I'm buying new, i know how to cut a shaft to size... But how do i make sure I'm not overbuying on length to begin with? It's not like i can take the tractor and tiller into the store with me haha
There are specific formulas to measure the PTO shaft. Many posts on here regarding that subject, DS posted one that I used on my tiller and it works perfectly. YouTube also has a ton of videos on measuring and cutting shafts to proper length, this would also help you to buy a usable length to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
PTO shaft info

Talk to the nice folks at Agri-fab. They know PTO shafts and they have the parts you need at fair prices.
I'm not involved with them except as a satisfied customer.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Administrator
18,802 Posts
Take some pictures of what you have and we can help better.

Reactions: PJR832
1 - 4 of 4 Posts