Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't break the 15/16th nut on top the pulley loose. When I try, the nut on the blade side just loosens. I read on another forum about inserting a pin punch into the holes in the pulley. Does anyone have any ideas? The idea that it may be left hand thread has even entered my mind but that doesn't make sense either. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Do you have an impact? That usually "knocks" it loose. You can try wedging a board under it too.

·
Administrator
18,339 Posts
The suggestion of using a impact wrench is a good one.

I moved this thread to the I&A forum for better views.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Just out of curiosity, how many hours do you have on the old girl? I just want to prepare myself when I have to do mine...7 years and 970 hours so far.
I might have a service manual, I will take a look when I get home, about 9:00pm central

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got it using two punches to lock it in place

It broke loose fairly easily with a breaker bar after that. The mower has about 920 hours on it as does the X585. I ran over about a 3 1/2 foot piece of 1/2" rerod. I do not recommended testing your deck in this fashion. I mow an area next to a road intersection and some jackass must have thrown the rerod out there to challenge my mower deck. The mower threw the rerod approx. 25 to 30 feet. Fortunately, no one was near. That's what I get for doing a public service, hey?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts