Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why when I post a reply to a post, and hit submit, does it disappear?

Just replied to two posts and later found nothing there.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After reading the Good Morning thread, I see I am not the only one with a problem.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
You are correct, a lot of wacky stuff going on.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I've gotten a "Database Error" a couple of times when clicking on links. But then works OK a few minutes later.

·
Super Moderator
7,800 Posts
I was having some massive problems. Pulled all my hair out and I'm not very happy about it.........

The long and the short of it is that the site needed to see a new IP address for my account. The only way to do this on my router was to do a hard reset. Powering it off / on didn't do the trick even though it was the first thing I attempted.

Had to depress the internal reset button on the back of my router for 1 minute; then power off / on and await the Internet indicator LED. Special tools required? 1 wooden toothpick.

We're good to go now. :yahoo:

·
Registered
20,805 Posts
I was having some massive problems. Pulled all my hair out and I'm not very happy about it.........

The long and the short of it is that the site needed to see a new IP address for my account. The only way to do this on my router was to do a hard reset. Powering it off / on didn't do the trick even though it was the first thing I attempted.

Had to depress the internal reset button on the back of my router for 1 minute; then power off / on and await the Internet indicator button. Special tools required? 1 wooden toothpick.

We're good to go now. :yahoo:
Good to hear. So you basically forced your router to obtain a new IP address. This can also be done easily accessing your router from your browser if you have the address.

Hopefully flyweight and others will see this an know what to do.

·
Super Moderator
7,800 Posts
Good to hear. So you basically forced your router to obtain a new IP address. This can also be done easily accessing your router from your browser if you have the address.

Hopefully flyweight and others will see this an know what to do.
Stan,

Prior to the hard reset I updated the router firmware. Used my browser to open the control panel, changed the user name and updated the password. Also attempted to reset the IP address via software as well. Who knows. It's working now so I'm happy.

·
Super Moderator
7,800 Posts
SGS, man you have a lot of titles above your avatar. Site Supporter, Moderator and Member are all listed. That's wacky right there.
Very observant Tonton! I was wondering why my Site Supporter acknowledgement went away for a while. :gizmo:

It's back..........for now :good2:

·
Administrator
16,764 Posts
SGS, man you have a lot of titles above your avatar. Site Supporter, Moderator and Member are all listed. That's wacky right there.
Very observant Tonton! I was wondering why my Site Supporter acknowledgement went away for a while. :gizmo:

It's back..........for now :good2:
I'll fix it....It should only be Moderator now.

·
Administrator
20,141 Posts

·
Corndog Hater
10,956 Posts
I haven't been on since this morning and had a couple posts disappear which I then reposted. I wonder how many duplicate posts I have, if any...I'll have to go check it out.

·
Super Moderator
7,800 Posts
Moderator with no hair. :laugh:
Yep. I'm blaming it on GTT. Don't usually go anywhere without some kind of lid. :hi:

Then again, I don't feel too bad when hanging around with my son. At less than half my age he wishes he had what little hair I have left.......

Attachments

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,211 Posts
Why when I post a reply to a post, and hit submit, does it disappear?

Just replied to two posts and later found nothing there.
I thought it was just a new feature. :munch::lol:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,211 Posts
Yeah - like a time out so the mods can read each post to see if it is worthy of being seen by the public....??
I never thought of that! :think:

·
Premium Member
10,043 Posts
Yeah - like a time out so the mods can read each post to see if it is worthy of being seen by the public....??

Could you imagine if we had to read every single post before it appeared? :flag_of_truce: We could double the number of mods and still wouldn't be able to keep up. We do try to read all the posts, but approving them one at a time would be a nightmare.

Fortunately, there's no need for that here. This is just a glitch, not intentional.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,211 Posts
It's getting hard to keep track of posts.
My subscribed threads indicate new posts but nothing is there when I check.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts