Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum, wanted to share my project, 1981 4440 quad range. She was rough when I picked her up, but I saw the potential. Not finished yet, but I'm 19 yr old and financing this on my own so I have to do a little at a time. I rebuilt front pump, new steering valve, almost every seal in the hydraulic system, new sanden AC conversion, grove SCV conversions, new 55/60 series interior. Much more to do, but I'm still proud of it.

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Plant

Wheel Tire Tractor Plant Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Tractor Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Tractor Sky

Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Tractor

Registered
Great looking tractor. They are great tractors. We have an 81 with about 5k hours on it, and love to use it. You have done a great job breathing life back into that 4440. We have been thinking about doing the SCV conversions. Do you have any regrets/issues with the conversion?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great looking tractor. They are great tractors. We have an 81 with about 5k hours on it, and love to use it. You have done a great job breathing life back into that 4440. We have been thinking about doing the SCV conversions. Do you have any regrets/issues with the conversion?
No issues with the conversion except the price, but it's worth a lot not to have to keep up with the adapters. Also they don't leak.

Registered
Welcome from northeastern Pennsylvania. Nice looking 4440. You do nice work.

Registered
Looks great, you did a fantastic job馃憤

Reactions: Herminator

Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
welcome to GTT from SE PA! Great looking work!

Premium Member
You are my kind of young man and give me hope for the future.

What I like most about your restoration is the fact that you are working that beast again, just as it was originally intended to do.

My hats off to you, well done!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You are my kind of young man and give me hope for the future.

What I like most about your restoration is the fact that you are working that beast again, just as it was originally intended to do.

My hats off to you, well done!
Appreciate it! It's not fun to me to have a tractor so nice you're afraid to work it, but I sure like running this one!

Registered
Nice work and welcome 馃憤

Reactions: Herminator
1 - 20 of 25 Posts