Green Tractor Talk banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,658 Posts
The JD Parts book shows the Upstop and shaft for my 455 as BM20871 and the kit for yours, and every tractor from the x465 to x748 appears to be BM25772. Here is a list for those which the kit you are looking for also fits. So it looks like I don't have anything to offer for your needs.

Attachments for X465,X475,X485,X495,X565,X575,X585,X595,X700,X720,X724,X728,X740,X744,X748 Tractors -

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
The JD Parts book shows the Upstop and shaft for my 455 as BM20871 and the kit for yours, and every tractor from the x465 to x748 appears to be BM25772. Here is a list for those which the kit you are looking for also fits. So it looks like I don't have anything to offer for your needs.

Attachments for X465,X475,X485,X495,X565,X575,X585,X595,X700,X720,X724,X728,X740,X744,X748 Tractors -

Thanks for the offer none the less.

Reactions: SulleyBear

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
After waiting out the rest of the week to let the paint harden the first bits are starting to go back on. All new paint and hardware. Keep getting blinded by the sun glare on the shiny yellow paint. The spray gun really did a nice job. Way better looking than I thought it would be when I started.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
It looks really good. I think your efforts will be rewarding, once the snow comes.
Lots of time and persistance going on there.

Reactions: SulleyBear and tj1

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
It was easy to justify the time investment to my financial advisor rather than the money investment of buying new.

I also learned some new tricks and got to practice some old ones so I see it as a win win.

More parts going on with liberal application of marine anti-sieze.

·
Premium Member
4,799 Posts
you're doing a great job, you'll be so careful with it you may not want to go blow snow! Just keep up with maintenance and the dings and stuff with some paint and this will last you years if not your lifetime.
I've enjoyed your posts..

·
Premium Member
14,378 Posts
you're doing a great job, you'll be so careful with it you may not want to go blow snow! Just keep up with maintenance and the dings and stuff with some paint and this will last you years if not your lifetime.
I've enjoyed your posts..
My thoughts exactly! He'll now need to go find another beater snow blower to USE this winter so he can keep this one pristine. :)

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
My hope is the prettier I make it getting ready for this winter the less likely it is to snow here.

Already has some scratches from putting parts back in. Forgot how awkward and heavy the auger assembly is when it's all put together.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
My hope is the prettier I make it getting ready for this winter the less likely it is to snow here.

Already has some scratches from putting parts back in. Forgot how awkward and heavy the auger assembly is when it's all put together.

[/QUOTE
Real nice job, excellent work, looks great!

Reactions: tj1

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Got the last of it back together right before the rain started to fall. Next step is to get drive shafts and some new decals. And new skid shoes. Then it's on to putting it on the tractor and taking it for a spin.

Gotta drain the oil out of the front axel to do the shaft install, might go ahead and do a full hydro oil change while I'm in there.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Got my mid shaft and axle pass thru kit ordered this week. New decals and an oil trans oil filter rounded out the box. The trans oil change along with the PTO shaft install will make for a nice days worth of work.

The more I looked at the cost of new skid shoes from JD the more I thought about making the ones that came with the blower work.

So out came the welder and some scrap metal to beef up the shoes. You can see just how warn out the old shoes were. The rebuilt shoes look like they have another 20 years of wear left in them again.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Sometimes it's the little details that finally say a project is done.

New decals on the back of the blower, and lights are mounted. Now if it's all up to see if we actually get some snow this year.

·
Premium Member
14,378 Posts
Sometimes it's the little details that finally say a project is done.

New decals on the back of the blower, and lights are mounted. Now if it's all up to see if we actually get some snow this year.
With the work you put in on this blower you saved us all from having to use ours this year. :)

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Fit the blower up on the tractor and got the hooked everything up. Went all in and upgraded all the lights on the tractor to LED to match the blower mounted work lights. The headlights and reverse lights make a huge difference.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #56

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
This was a fantastic refurb job, thanks for sharing!

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Outstanding!! Thanks for keeping our snow blowers and plows in the shop/garage/shed this year! (y)

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
It might be from India but it's a million times better that the open chain drive that was "made in USA".

I'll take it, and the price is very reasonable.
Nope. Mine from 2013 was made in India from Cinesium parts. That was real junk.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 62 Posts