Green Tractor Talk banner

Researching first tractor (TN)

2K views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  Marx1025R 
#1 ·
Hello,

I’m researching my first utility tractor and decided to join the forum. We are moving to a small plot (3.1acres) outside of Clarksville, TN and I’ve decided to get a tractor instead of a $7k Zero Turn mower that does one task.

We intend to buy some unfinished land in a year or two so between this property (sloped with trees and such) I am leaning towards the 2025R or B2601 (2025R is in the lead).

I’ll do some searching before I start asking questions.

#2 ·
Welcome to GTT from Wisconsin.

#4 ·
Welcome from NW SD.

rob

#6 ·
Welcome from northeast Ill.

I take care of 3 suburban acres: Mow, pull out bushes, trees, move dirt, gravel + rocks. Maintain a creek bed.

I have a 2025R. It does everything I need. Lots of attachments are also avail.

#7 ·
My opinion is get the JD. Kubota makes a solid tractor, if not as good as JD, very close. The one thing JD has is the auto connect deck, this makes taking the mower deck off and on a breeze. I had a Kubota BX for 10 years. The deck would come off in 10 or so minutes but it was a pain and a little awkward that you tended to leave it on.

#9 ·
Hello and welcome aboard! I agree with dodgeman. The ease in whicn jd attachments go on and off is the second main reason I bought my 1025r. Plus they didnt have the 2 series you are looking at now. The tradition won't stop with me. Lol

Seriously though, my friends that have Kubota all want mine when they see me take the mmm on or off. Its so easy and now that i am looking at the possibility of losing my hands too from Desert Storm. Its frustrating but I keep going. The ease of everything makes me so happy I bought this when i still had my feet. I couldn't look into the future and see where I am now.

So good luck,
WB 🚜🇺🇲

#12 ·
Welcome to GTT

#13 ·
Welcome from NE Pennsylvania.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.