Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like we're going to be getting a land plane and a rock rake which will be our first 3pt implements. Hubby has tough time getting off/on tractor, so after seeing DieselShadow's Fit Rite video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1RgAiYOc0Q, think something like this might be a help.

As some of you know, I'm rather mechanically challenged - particularly terminology-wise - but am game for an adventure. Looked at the Fit Rite site, but got lost. Any experienced guides around? :laugh: We have a 2016 1025r TLB + iMatch.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,220 Posts
Looks like we're going to be getting a land plane and a rock rake which will be our first 3pt implements. Hubby has tough time getting off/on tractor, so after seeing DieselShadow's Fit Rite video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1RgAiYOc0Q, think something like this might be a help.

As some of you know, I'm rather mechanically challenged - particularly terminology-wise - but am game for an adventure. Looked at the Fit Rite site, but got lost. Any experienced guides around? :laugh: We have a 2016 1025r TLB + iMatch.
There are a few but I'm not one of them. I'd love to have your problem though. :dunno:

·
Registered
160 Posts
There are a ton of good reasons for Top N Tilt (TnT) but I have to say, a land plane isn’t one of them. The whole point of the Land Plane is that it has two long skids that it rides on. You may override/help things a bit by setting the side link or top link but you then drag it that way basically the whole time. Usually what you actually do is set it to match your crown angle (side link) and set it to lie flat on the road (front/back) behind you (top link) and then let the device and skids do what they are supposed to do. In fact, the play in your 3PT system (which is actually pretty substancial) is really important because that is what lets the plane’s skids adjust it as needed to smooth out the little hills/bumps/divots/ripples that it finds. The skids are what keep it aligned with the details of the road, not your 3PT settings.

A rear scraper blade? A box blade? Absolutely! And I find them annoying to use because I don’t have TnT and hate getting on/off 100 times over the course of my 2000ft drive (with its. hills and turns and tilts). The Land Plane though, set it, and drag it back and forth several times incrementally improving the drive each time. Then pack it down (roller or strategic drives back/forth with heaviest car) and you are golden. =)

Best of luck!

·
Administrator
20,481 Posts
Brian at Fit Rite will get you in a setup that’ll work perfectly for you as far as the top and side cylinders. He’s got a pretty good sized waiting list, but his product is well worth the wait.

You’ll still need to get a valve(s) that will be appropriate to what you want. If you describe what you want to do, I can help you select the correct valve(s) for your needs.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brian at Fit Rite will get you in a setup that’ll work perfectly for you as far as the top and side cylinders. He’s got a pretty good sized waiting list, but his product is well worth the wait.

You’ll still need to get a valve(s) that will be appropriate to what you want. If you describe what you want to do, I can help you select the correct valve(s) for your needs.
The description is tough. Back years and years ago when we plowed with a Sears SS/16, saw the need. These days, we use raised beds, so no plowing in our future at this point. HunterWare is indicating that it won't help with a land plane and I suspect will be same for rock rake. Guess I need to determine if BB will be useful to us too. Only thing I can think of is rough grading "new" gravel/dirt which could be done with FEL. Maybe there isn't a "need" at this point? Any other "common" implements where an adjust-from-seat top link would be useful?

Didn't know valves weren't included, but not a big surprise. Concern would be placement of valve(s) so that BH not affected. Alas, no TTWT videos for me to follow. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
The description is tough. Back years and years ago when we plowed with a Sears SS/16, saw the need. These days, we use raised beds, so no plowing in our future at this point. HunterWare is indicating that it won't help with a land plane and I suspect will be same for rock rake. Guess I need to determine if BB will be useful to us too. Only thing I can think of is rough grading "new" gravel/dirt which could be done with FEL. Maybe there isn't a "need" at this point? Any other "common" implements where an adjust-from-seat top link would be useful?

Didn't know valves weren't included, but not a big surprise. Concern would be placement of valve(s) so that BH not affected. Alas, no TTWT videos for me to follow. :laugh:
I would think having it for a box blade or a rear blade would be ideal.

I have a land plane and you don't need a top-n-tilt for that in my opinion. The only 3 pt adjustment I do to my land plane is to raise/lower the front end of it as that affects how much "bite" the planer blades get. I can do that from the seat of my tractor. Occasionally I have to adjust the 3 point for level from left/right but that's maybe a once every 3 or 4 times I use it. Not sure how the 3 pt arms get out of whack but they do. I have never had to make adjustments with the 3 pt for my land scape rake other than to make sure its level prior to use.

·
Administrator
20,481 Posts
A hydraulic TnT kit isn’t needed to use your tractor and implements at all, but it sure does help. Not only can I do the same task, but much much faster and a lot better. I can make adjustments on the fly. I’ll fine tune the blade rather than stopping and tweaking or using it slightly off ‘cause I don’t want to stop and adjust again. If your contouring land or cutting ditches or correcting roads, a TnT kit is extremely handy. :thumbup1gif: The quality of my gravel road/driveway repairs has improved greatly immensely after having TnT and saved some time.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A hydraulic TnT kit isn’t needed to use your tractor and implements at all, but it sure does help.
If it can eliminate even a couple tractor off/on trips for hubby per session, it's worth continued research unless the likely usage for the leveler/rake is really small. Have no idea where valves would be placed so as not to be a BH problem. Anyone done this or even seen it for a 1025r?

·
Administrator
20,481 Posts
If it can eliminate even a couple tractor off/on trips for hubby per session, it's worth continued research unless the likely usage for the leveler/rake is really small. Have no idea where valves would be placed so as not to be a BH problem. Anyone done this or even seen it for a 1025r?
Yes ma’am, it has been done. Click on the link in my signature. There’s a member here that did a beautiful job on his TLB. I can’t find the thread at the moment, but it is documented on Fit Rite’s site. :good2:

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
651 Posts
Yes ma’am, it has been done. Click on the link in my signature. There’s a member here that did a beautiful job on his TLB. I can’t find the thread at the moment, but it is documented on Fit Rite’s site. :good2:
Valves and mount, as well as T&T are available. You will need to get a few hoses and fittings to get plumbed into your hydraulic system and you're all set.

Fill out the contact page on my website and I can get you a total cost for what I can provide for your application.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,628 Posts

Needed the TNT last week!

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Looked at pics of the 1026r install on Fit Rite site. Wish I had a better visualization of the seat area and the actual valve positions. Seems like the tool box was removed.

To be honest, am a bit spooked about the install. Pat Braden, the Fit Rite poster, seemed to know his way around his tractor; me, not so much. So if there's problems, I'm more likely to figure there's been a "stupid user error" rather than something needing to be tweaked by Brian. Note there's zero experience here with the 3pt; only memories of the old Sears one. But since ground's been broken with the 1026r install and probably 1025r ones I don't know about, maybe would not be so bad since I think they're similar. Depends how much tolerance Brian would have for the barrage of simplistic questions. ("I'm supposed to connect this whachamacallit to what?" "What does it look like?" "Where's that?" "Are we there yet?") :laugh:

Guess the key thing for me now is to come up with a killer reason to get a box blade. No question that I'd want the TnT for that. Only task that I can think of that would be better with BB than FEL/leveler would be a drainage ditch on side of driveway. Any thoughts?

Needed the TNT last week!
For what? Oh Tim, I'd be in a much better place if you'd already blazed the trail. :laugh::laugh: Haven't seen you with a BB. If don't have, any reason other than $$?

------------------

As always, thanks for the hand holding.

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
651 Posts
Actually, everything has been simplified quite a bit since Pat Braden's was done. Fill out the contact page, pretty sure we can get this done without to much pain, other than the cost of everything.

Having no real idea of what you actually need done around your place. But you need to keep in mind that no single implement is the best at multiple tasks. So if any single implement is going to be used for different types of jobs, there is always some kind of compromise. IMO when it's time to get a specific implement for a certain job is when that job has to be done over and over again, such as a driveway.

Contact me and let's see if this is a doable project for you. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kind of feel that I've found a really neat solution ... that's looking for a problem to be solved. :laugh: That is, can I justify the TnT $$ for just the leveler? Thought that might be the case at first, but doesn't sound like it so far. Don't want to waste your time by contacting you if I'm not serious.

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
651 Posts
Kind of feel that I've found a really neat solution ... that's looking for a problem to be solved. :laugh: That is, can I justify the TnT $$ for just the leveler? Thought that might be the case at first, but doesn't sound like it so far. Don't want to waste your time by contacting you if I'm not serious.
Your right, please do not look for reasons to make the expense justified. But at least you are aware of this type of solution if-when the occasion arises. :good2:

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
have you researched any further into this Diana? I got to mess with one today and man was it nice. I actually Used a bionic blade. And tilting it was still a huge help.
I see where I could use it most times I get on my 1025 tlb. For just about any implement. Just like DS said. Especially if you use a BB.
This is something I wouldn’t mind purchasing soon

·
Registered
2,587 Posts

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
have you researched any further into this Diana? I got to mess with one today and man was it nice. I actually Used a bionic blade. And tilting it was still a huge help.
I see where I could use it most times I get on my 1025 tlb. For just about any implement. Just like DS said. Especially if you use a BB.
This is something I wouldn’t mind purchasing soon
After seeing more posts about land planes, started another thread in Hydraulics. Summary: lot of time spent just learning basic hydraulics then ordered FitRight TnT.
https://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/hydraulics/173500-concept-top-tilt-3-point-equipment-grapple-1025r.html#post3044572

Valves have arrived (unexpectedly Heavy :laugh:), but won't attempt mods until 100+ heat is over for the season. Want to do this before installing my newly arrived wheel weights. Actual TnT hydraulics not expected until around Thanksgiving.

HTH

1 - 19 of 19 Posts