Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am probably missing something obvious here, but....

I have been using my iPad a lot more lately - very convenient in my chair. But when dealing with images I have always gone to my desktop PC (which is upstairs) and my fairly good image processing programs.

My little P&S camera is neat in that I can wirelessly transfer pics from it to my iPad. I have now been in the habit of reducing my image sizes before posting on the web - mostly because on the ongoing problems here at GTT. So I have my camera always set to the largest image size because if I end up with a really good pic I want to have the ability to edit/process it.

On my iPad I have the photos app that comes standard with it plus a nice app from AcDSee (my favorite desktop image program). Even in that one which is a decent app there is no way to resize pics. Yes, you can crop them but that is not what I want to do. I simply want to resize them from 4000x3000 to 1200x(xxxx).

Looking on the web all I find is a process of email the pic to yourself and being able to resize it during that process. To me that is a ridiculous work around.

So what am I missing?

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Have you tried any of the free apps from the App Store? Do a search for "resize photos" to get a list of apps, look through, check the reviews, and give some a try. Many of them claim to be able to "scale" photos, but that doesn't seem to mean that you can actually reduce the resolution and resulting file size.

I found one called BatchResizer2 that seems like it would do what you want, but I don't know if there's an iPad-specific version (this one was for the iPhone). If not, load the iPhone version - it should work fine.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Glad it worked out for you, Stan. It was a total fluke that I saw this thread on the same day that I got a notice of a paid app being made available free in the iTunes App Store that did exactly what you were looking for. I grabbed a copy for myself while I was at it.

:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts