1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
9,067 Posts
Welcome and thanks for sharing the photos. Excellent restoration.

Boy that seat sure looks uncomfortable, and if it doesn't crunch one's nuts, the lever just in front would if one slid off the seat.

·
Premium Member
6,691 Posts
WOW Walker! :thumbup1gif:

Very well done, you are ready for the show circuit. Do you use it?

And, welcome to DT, thank you very much for sharing.

·
Registered
13,540 Posts
That is a beautiful tractor. And, a high end model with hydraulic lift. Nice job.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the nice comments guys!

And it's not currently for sale. :)

Sorry my first post was so short but I've been very busy. I'll post more details when time allows.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Factory paint never looked that good.:good2: Does the variator work, too?

·
Registered
105 Posts
WOW! That looks great! One of my all time favorite JD models. :cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks great. What does everyone think the $$ value of that tractor is? I have the opportunity to buy a '66 for $400. I want to restore it and also fabricate steel wheels for it to give it that antique look. Any comments?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looks great, good work!! I love the old round fender models.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome and thanks for sharing the photos. Excellent restoration. Boy that seat sure looks uncomfortable, and if it doesn't crunch one's nuts, the lever just in front would if one slid off the seat.
You would be surprised indeed. For a metal seat it is very comfortable. The lever to which you are referring is the gear shift. It would be extremely difficult to slide forward on this seat since to do so you would need to travel at a pretty high rate of speed then mash down on the clutch/brake pedal with your left foot and by doing so would in an of itself stop you from sliding forward. No fear of sliding that far forward on this tractor. I own (2) 1965 110 RFs. One is a fully resorted show tractor while the other is a worker. Sure, I know you're kidding.

walker450
- Wonder why no one said anything. John Deere didn't factory install a hydraulic lift system on the 110s RF (Round Fenders) until 1966 otherwise they were manual lift. You should double check the SN to make sure your tractor is really a '65. Could your tractor be a '65 fitted with a hydraulic lift, yes, it sure could be. Your brother did a very good job restoring that 110 that's for sure. Almost hate to mow with it. In the "After" picture I don't see the hydraulic lift lever or the manual lift lever. Kenneth

1 - 15 of 15 Posts