Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
As the lucky winner of August's video competition, I am reporting with what I've acquired for the $100. First I have to put out a good word for my local dealer, Sloan's in Linden MI. They graciously accepted my six week old MS362, a $30 coupon, an expired $100 gift certificate, and $120 cash in exchange for a brand new MS441 R C-M!!! I really thought I would just spend the certificate on chains and oil, but I just couldn't stop thinking about the new M-Tronic Stihl. My MS362 was nice, but this MS441C is too good to be true. The M-Tronic carburetor controls make it a breeze to operate, and it is always at peak performance. Yes it's heavier than my old saw, but it cuts so much faster that you finish before becoming worn out. Thanks to Brian, and all who organized and participated in the great giveaway.

This is the nicest feature, ONE position for fast idle and choke! Then run, then stop.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Really nice saw - I'm jealous. :good2:

What length bar? 20 inch?

·
Administrator
20,459 Posts
Congrats!

Awesome! What's the M-Tronic? Electronically controlled carburetor? I know Stihl has a fuel injected cut-off saw. I'm thinking that'll migrate into the chainsaws before too long.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for the kind words. My 441 has the "short" 20" bar on it. It's a little nose light and probably would balance better with a 25". M-Tronic is kind of a stop gap to fuel injection. There are no external adjustments on the carb for mixture or idle speed.

·
Registered
440 Posts
That is one nice piece of equipment. Congrats!

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
That is sweet!:good2::dance::drinks:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,603 Posts
NICE! Whens the next contest?:lol:

·
Premium Member
7,573 Posts
Nice saw! What's the street price for us non winners?

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
When you blip the throttle in your video it just seems to "evil". Have you had a chance to cut much with it?

p.s. off topic, but were you on gen3usa under the same screen name?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah it's pretty "gnarly". I'll try to get some video of it in wood this weekend, been too dark after work lately. I'm almost out of the first, dealer installed, tank of fuel, so I may have about ten minutes of run time on it.

I had to look up gen3usa. Funny, I used to own a genIV 400 explorer with all kinds of hop ups, but never participated on any ATV forums.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Nice saw. I have my 044 which is probably about 14 years old now. I have cut countless cords of wood with it and felled many a tree. I think you would find the 25" bar handy. That is what I run on my 044. Mine still runs like when it was new.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here's a quick video of the new beast in wood. I had to throw the oldie in for a little contrast, otherwise the new one would seem slow in this wood.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts