Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to get a no pressure hydraulic line from the front loader to the hydraulic sump on a JD 6430. This line is for a stump grinder that needs a third line to dump if the return line is blocked. Is there a way to do this anywhere in the rear of the tractor near the scv's? Tried talking with local PK dealership but was told they won't help me with information.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
I do hate to sound like I don't care for the environment, but is the return line getting blocked a rare and unusual occurrence?
If so why not just use a short hose that is directed in a safe direction (down) that is in the operators visual range?

• Haha
Reactions: theduke

·
Administrator
22,927 Posts
Most guys need this for post drivers like the Shaver, never heard of needing one for a stump grinder, any details on that? Is this a case drain on a hydraulic motor?

Anyway, they use/make an adapter that fits the fill port on the trans case, seems to be the best way.

·
Premium Member
9,963 Posts
JD has the parts
Product Rectangle Font Line Screenshot
Product Rectangle Font Line Screenshot

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Registered
22 Posts
Don't you think the third line would be for the return that lets the grinder wheel spin down like with hydraulic motor driven shredders where they don't have all that force pushing against hydro lock on the valves? You may need to look into a power pack that goes on the three point and uses the pto to drive the hydraulic motor, a lot of this type of equipment is run that way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.