Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter #1

Registered
Is that your next truck Kenny? Didn't someone on here a few years ago have one? I don't remember who it was, but I remember seeing pictures of it.

Administrator
Discussion Starter #3
No Don...its only 2WD:lolol:

Registered
At work we had a 鈥96 for home delivery of heating oil. Had a 230 Cat with a miserable straight 7 Spicer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
I'd be kind of ashamed to drive this and come home to my tiny 1 series tractor.:hide:

What JD tractor should I buy to match it in scale?

Registered
I am not sure why GM doesn't make it closer in size to the F450. The 4500 is simply way too big for most civilian applications. I see people use F450's as their personal truck for pulling 5th wheels or goose neck trailers. Kind of hard to do with the GM set up if you ask me although I have seen people have the set up in the picture with a pick up bed etc. I think that bed is mostly useless since sits so high up. I am glad to see GM back in this segment of the market, I just don't see this size truck being of much use as a personal truck, unless you want to make a statement like the Diesel Brothers. :usa

Registered
I'd be kind of ashamed to drive this and come home to my tiny 1 series tractor.:hide:

What JD tractor should I buy to match it in scale?
1 series tractor?????

What about my 1 series house its parked in front of? :lolol:

Registered
If Kenny gets one of those beasts; then I'd say 'hooking' has treated him well. :laugh:
Yep, now that we know they are available in 4WD, no excuse for Kenny not to have one.:thumbup1gif:

Registered
I am not sure why GM doesn't make it closer in size to the F450. The 4500 is simply way too big for most civilian applications. I see people use F450's as their personal truck for pulling 5th wheels or goose neck trailers. :usa
You would be surprised at who would buy these trucks. These older versions are highly sought after and made campers, flat beds, dumps and flat trailer haulers out of these things. They are taking the gas engines out and putting the Durmax engine and Allison trans in them to get the HP they need for their pull. There are forums dedicated for just this. I love these truck, just cannot see me having one due to practicality. But would be cool to have one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts